Welcome to Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy: The BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL in the WORLD!Mrs. Brenda M. Merritt, Proud Principal
The mission of Fort Middle School is to promote the intellectual, social, emotional and physical development of our students in a safe, challenging environment so that they become confident, self-disciplined, productive members of a global society.
School Times – Middle School is from 8:50am until 3:52pm. Car riders are walkers arrival time on campus is 8:30am. Due to COVID-19 safety protocols make sure that you and your child follow that time .
Transportation – Requests for bus passes must be completed by parents on the MCSD website. Click the “Bus Stops” link and enter your address to find your child’s bus information. Write it down and give to your child so they will know their bus number, pick up times and location. Expect delays the first day/week of school. No child will be turned away from the bus stop because they do not have a bus pass.
Recently updated COVID-19 guidelines require masks to be worn indoors for all persons entering the building. Fort Patriot Masks are available to purchase for $10. Due to the recent safety update, students will not use lockers and may carry a clear or mesh book bag.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call the school at 706-569-3740. Remember “We Are FORTified”. Our doors are open to unlimited “Patriot Possibilities”.
Monday, January 17, 2021:
Martin Luther King Day–No School
In observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, there will be no school today for students, faculty and staff.
Saturday, January 15, 2021:
First Basketball Game (BOYS)
The 2022 Mighty Patriots Boys Basketball team will be playing their first game of the season this Saturday against Lee County. The game will be played at Carver High School at 10:45AM. Come out and support the MIGHTY PATRIOTS!
Saturday, January 15, 2021:
First Basketball Game (GIRLS)
The 2022 Girls Basketball team will be playing their first game of the season this Saturday against Carrollton. The game will be played at Hardaway High School at 5:00PM. Come out and support the LADY PATRIOTS!
Tuesday, January 18, 2021 through GMAS Testing
Extended Day Programs Begin
We will begin our extended day programs following the MLK Holiday weekend. There will be before school, after school, and Saturday school opportunities for students to close achievement gaps due to COVID-19, obtain credit recovery for failing grades, and prepare for the GMAS in the spring. More details are forthcoming.
2021-2022 SECOND NINE WEEKS HONOR ROLL
SIXTH GRADE: ALL A’S
SEVENTH GRADE: ALL A’S
EIGHTH GRADE: ALL A’S
SIXTH GRADE: AB HONOR ROLL
Lei ‘ Nijah Jiles
Laura Olmos Mercado
SEVENTH GRADE: AB HONOR ROLL
EIGHTH GRADE: AB HONOR ROLL
2021-2022 School Supply List
PARENTS: IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
CAR-RIDER PICK UP PROCEDURES
. In an effort to improve our dismissal procedures and maintain safety for our students, we have implemented the following:
Parent driven vehicles will enter at the lower end of the parking lot (near the soccer complex)
Buses will enter from the driveway at the upper end of the parking lot (near Fort)
Parents please do not park in the Canaan Baptist Church parking lot.
Thank you for your cooperation, patience, and understanding of student safety as we improve our car riders pick-up procedures.
HOSPITAL HOMEBOUND ONLINE APPLICATION
HOSPITAL/HOMEBOUND (HHB) SERVICES
Hospital/Homebound (HHB) services are designed to provide continuity of educational services between the classroom and home or hospital for students in Georgia public schools whose medical needs, either physical or psychiatric, do not allow them to attend school for a limited period of time.
What you Need to Know: Hospital Homebound On-Line Process
- Student must be enrolled in a Muscogee County Public Schools prior to the request for online instruction. Parents/Guardians must register through On-line registration to be considered.
- While this opportunity provides these identified students with an alternative synchronous/asynchronous instruction, extended on-line instruction can have negative impact on the academic progress of students. Online instruction is optional.
- Students (including participating siblings) attending on-line instruction will not participate in extracurricular school activities. Online instruction is terminated when the student is employed in any capacity, goes on vacation, participates in extracurricular activities, or is no longer confined to home.
- The link to the online Hospital Homebound application is in the YELLOW BOX that accompanies this text OR on the Muscogee County District’s website under the Student Health Services tab.
- Parent/guardian will need to print out the application for their child’s physician to complete. The online application Medical Referral Form must be signed and affirmed by a primary care medical provider.
- Families with multiple children will need to complete an application for each individual student that will need online instruction. Applications must be submitted to Muscogee County School District Central Registration Office; 2960 Macon Road Columbus Georgia 31906, 706-748-2000. One primary medical provider authorization may be attached to multiple student applications from one family.
- Once the application is complete, the parent/guardian will bring the application to Central Registration where they will be grouped. An acceptance or denial decision will be made at this time. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Once a decision is made, the family will be contacted by email. There is not an appeals process. Final approval is at the discretion of Muscogee County School District.
- Any student eligible for on-line instruction, he/she is subject to mandatory attendance requirements.
- Parents should obtain instructional/technology materials from the Marshall Success Center 1830 Shepherd Dr. Columbus Georgia 31906, 706-748-2900.
- Parents should communicate with the school for further direction.
- The Muscogee County School District maintains attendance zones for school assignments. Parents MUST register students at the school of assignment based on the legal residence. For more information related to On-line Instructional Learning, parents and guardians should contact Ms. Jeannie Polhamus, MCSD Lead Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOIN THE PTA
Our goal: 100% MEMBERSHIP
Teachers, parents and grandparents are encouraged to join FSLMA’s Parent Teacher Association.
Don’t hesitate, JOIN NOW for only $10.00 (cash only)
Email questions to: email@example.com