Welcome to Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy: The BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL in the WORLD!Ms. Amia Hamilton, Proud Principal
The mission of Fort Middle School is to promote the intellectual, social, emotional and physical development of our students in a safe, challenging environment so that they become confident, self-disciplined, productive members of a global society.
Remember–Patriot excellence means We are BETTER TOGETHER!
For transportation change, OLR, excuses, authorized check out, withdrawals, & student schedules
School Times – Middle School is from 8:50am until 3:52pm. Students are to arrive for school at 8:30am. Any student arriving after 8:50am is late. Students must be accompanied by a parent when arriving late after 9AM. Thank you to all our wonderful parents who are entering campus via the Woodruff Farm Soccer Complex for student drop off and pick up!!!
Transportation – Requests for bus passes must be completed by parents on the MCSD website. Click the “Bus Stops” link and enter your address to find your child’s bus information. Write it down and give to your child so they will know their bus number, pick up times and location. Expect delays the first day/week of school. No child will be turned away from the bus stop because they do not have a bus pass.
Due to the recent safety update, students will not use lockers and may carry a clear or mesh book bag.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call the school at 706-569-3740.
Remember “Mighty Patriot Excellence—We ARE Better Together!”
Monday, April 3 through April 7, 2023:
There will be no school for students, faculty and staff due to spring break. Enjoy the time off and we will see you back at school on April 10th.
Tuesday, April 13, 2023:
Track meet begins at 5:00PM and will be held at Kinnett Stadium in Columbus. For more information, please contact the Athletic Director, Coach Ward at email@example.com or call the school at 706.569.3740.
Thursday, April 20, 2023:
Progress Reports for the fourth nine weeks will be available for viewing in Infinite Campus today.
Thursday, April 20, 2023:
Title I Parent Workshop
The Title I Parent Liaison, Jessica Freeman, is hosting a monthly ZOOM meeting at 12pm called “Brown Bag Lunch & Learn Series.” Any parents and legal guardians who have questions pertaining to their child’s education at FSLMA is encouraged to attend. See flyer below for more information.
Monday, April 24, 2023:
Georgia Milestones Assessment System Testing Begins
The Georgia Milestones Assessment System (GMAS) is a comprehensive summative assessment program and represents a single system of summative assessments that span all three levels of the state’s educational system – elementary, middle, and high school. The system is designed to send consistent signals about students’ preparedness for the next level, be it the next grade, course, or endeavor. Please do not schedule appointments on the days listed below. If you have questions please do not hesitate to reach out to the testing coordinator, Assistant Principal Thornton at 706.569.3740. The FSLMA GMAS testing schedule is below:
Monday, April 24, 2023: English/Language Arts, Section 1 (all grades)
Tuesday, April 25, 2023: English/Language Arts, Sections 2 and 3 (all grades)
Wednesday, April 26, 2023: Mathematics (all grades)
Thursday, April 27, 2023: Science (8th grade only)
Friday, April 28, 2023: Social Studies (8th grade only)
The Al-Faruk Temple No. 145, a local Shriner’s group and Partner in Education to FSLMA, so generously donated $250.00 to the FSLMA PBIS account. This money will be used to fund future PBIS events for our behavior super stars!
(Pictured: Shriner, Noble Williams and PBIS sponsor, Mrs. Boynton)
PARENTS: IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
CAR-RIDER PICK UP PROCEDURES
. In an effort to improve our dismissal procedures and maintain safety for our students, we have implemented the following:
Parent driven vehicles will enter at the lower end of the parking lot (near the soccer complex)
Buses will enter from the driveway at the upper end of the parking lot (near Fort)
Parents please do not park in the Canaan Baptist Church parking lot.
Thank you for your cooperation, patience, and understanding of student safety as we improve our car riders pick-up procedures.
HOSPITAL HOMEBOUND ONLINE APPLICATION
HOSPITAL/HOMEBOUND (HHB) SERVICES
Hospital/Homebound (HHB) services are designed to provide continuity of educational services between the classroom and home or hospital for students in Georgia public schools whose medical needs, either physical or psychiatric, do not allow them to attend school for a limited period of time.
What you Need to Know: Hospital Homebound On-Line Process
- Student must be enrolled in a Muscogee County Public Schools prior to the request for online instruction. Parents/Guardians must register through On-line registration to be considered.
- While this opportunity provides these identified students with an alternative synchronous/asynchronous instruction, extended on-line instruction can have negative impact on the academic progress of students. Online instruction is optional.
- Students (including participating siblings) attending on-line instruction will not participate in extracurricular school activities. Online instruction is terminated when the student is employed in any capacity, goes on vacation, participates in extracurricular activities, or is no longer confined to home.
- The link to the online Hospital Homebound application is in the YELLOW BOX that accompanies this text OR on the Muscogee County District’s website under the Student Health Services tab.
- Parent/guardian will need to print out the application for their child’s physician to complete. The online application Medical Referral Form must be signed and affirmed by a primary care medical provider.
- Families with multiple children will need to complete an application for each individual student that will need online instruction. Applications must be submitted to Muscogee County School District Central Registration Office; 2960 Macon Road Columbus Georgia 31906, 706-748-2000. One primary medical provider authorization may be attached to multiple student applications from one family.
- Once the application is complete, the parent/guardian will bring the application to Central Registration where they will be grouped. An acceptance or denial decision will be made at this time. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Once a decision is made, the family will be contacted by email. There is not an appeals process. Final approval is at the discretion of Muscogee County School District.
- Any student eligible for on-line instruction, he/she is subject to mandatory attendance requirements.
- Parents should obtain instructional/technology materials from the Marshall Success Center 1830 Shepherd Dr. Columbus Georgia 31906, 706-748-2900.
- Parents should communicate with the school for further direction.
- The Muscogee County School District maintains attendance zones for school assignments. Parents MUST register students at the school of assignment based on the legal residence. For more information related to On-line Instructional Learning, parents and guardians should contact Ms. Jeannie Polhamus, MCSD Lead Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOIN THE PTA
Our goal: 100% MEMBERSHIP
Teachers, parents and grandparents are encouraged to join FSLMA’s Parent Teacher Association.
Don’t hesitate, JOIN NOW for only $10.00 (cash only)
Email questions to: email@example.com