Welcome to Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy: The BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL in the WORLD!Mrs. Brenda M. Merritt, Proud Principal
The mission of Fort Middle School is to promote the intellectual, social, emotional and physical development of our students in a safe, challenging environment so that they become confident, self-disciplined, productive members of a global society.
Thursday, July 29, 2021:
Sixth Grade Patriot Orientation
The orientation letter was mailed last week to incoming sixth grade parents. This sneak-a-peek event will be held Thursday, July 29 at 6:30p.m. This is an opportunity for our sixth graders to tour the building, meet their new teachers, receive their schedules, and purchase lockers. Parents will also be able to complete the registration verification process.
Tuesday, August 3
Friday, August 6, 2021:
District-Wide Verification Days
Parents and legal guardians of FSLMA students must register their children at the link in the blue box below. In addition, parents will need to come to the school for verification between August 3rd and August 6th, 2021 by appointment only. To make an appointment, call the main office at 706-569-3740 or sign up can be completed at the link below in the yellow box. Parents and guardians will have to fill out the MCSD Parent Packet, which are additional forms the school district requires that are not online. This packet can be picked up at Fort from 11am to 3pm daily.
2021-2022 ONLINE REGISTRATION
SIGN UP FOR VERIFICATION TIME SLOT
Monday, August 9, 2021:
First Day of School for Students
The first day of school for students will be Monday, August 9th. Currently, instruction will be in-person for all students.
COUNTDOWN TO THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Tuesday, August 31, 2021:
First Soccer Game of the Season
The MIGHTY PATRIOT boys and girls soccer teams will play their first game of the season against East Columbus Middle School today. Time and location is to be announced at a later date.
Monday, September 6, 2021:
Labor Day Holiday
In honor of Labor Day, there will be no school for students or faculty today. Enjoy your three-day weekend!
Wednesday, September 8, 2021:
Progress Reports for the first nine weeks will be available for viewing today.
Tuesday, September 14, 2021:
First Cross Country Meet of the Season
The MIGHTY PATRIOT Cross Country Team will compete in their first meet this evening. The location and time is Kinnett Stadium at 6:45PM. Come out and support the Patriots!
HOSPITAL HOMEBOUND ONLINE APPLICATION
HOSPITAL/HOMEBOUND (HHB) SERVICES
Hospital/Homebound (HHB) services are designed to provide continuity of educational services between the classroom and home or hospital for students in Georgia public schools whose medical needs, either physical or psychiatric, do not allow them to attend school for a limited period of time.
What you Need to Know: Hospital Homebound On-Line Process
- Student must be enrolled in a Muscogee County Public Schools prior to the request for online instruction. Parents/Guardians must register through On-line registration to be considered.
- While this opportunity provides these identified students with an alternative synchronous/asynchronous instruction, extended on-line instruction can have negative impact on the academic progress of students. Online instruction is optional.
- Students (including participating siblings) attending on-line instruction will not participate in extracurricular school activities. Online instruction is terminated when the student is employed in any capacity, goes on vacation, participates in extracurricular activities, or is no longer confined to home.
- The link to the online Hospital Homebound application is in the YELLOW BOX that accompanies this text OR on the Muscogee County District’s website under the Student Health Services tab.
- Parent/guardian will need to print out the application for their child’s physician to complete. The online application Medical Referral Form must be signed and affirmed by a primary care medical provider.
- Families with multiple children will need to complete an application for each individual student that will need online instruction. Applications must be submitted to Muscogee County School District Central Registration Office; 2960 Macon Road Columbus Georgia 31906, 706-748-2000. One primary medical provider authorization may be attached to multiple student applications from one family.
- Once the application is complete, the parent/guardian will bring the application to Central Registration where they will be grouped. An acceptance or denial decision will be made at this time. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Once a decision is made, the family will be contacted by email. There is not an appeals process. Final approval is at the discretion of Muscogee County School District.
- Any student eligible for on-line instruction, he/she is subject to mandatory attendance requirements.
- Parents should obtain instructional/technology materials from the Marshall Success Center 1830 Shepherd Dr. Columbus Georgia 31906, 706-748-2900.
- Parents should communicate with the school for further direction.
- The Muscogee County School District maintains attendance zones for school assignments. Parents MUST register students at the school of assignment based on the legal residence. For more information related to On-line Instructional Learning, parents and guardians should contact Ms. Jeannie Polhamus, MCSD Lead Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.