Proud Principal

Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy

Principal’s Message

Dear Fort Family,

It is with great pride and excitement that I write this letter to you as the Proud Principal of Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy (FSLMA).  I am excited and honored to have the opportunity to lead a school with such a rich tradition both in and out of the classroom. 

I am a veteran in the field of education with more than 25 years of public-school experience.  As a former high school teacher and administrator, I found much success in one of Fulton County’s toughest high schools.  Additionally, I led a group of awesome educators to significant growth at an elementary school right here in Muscogee County.

As the new Principal at FSLMA, I am committed to connecting our students to school through positive relationships and a strong sense of community.  Our teachers and staff are also committed to providing all students with an appropriate and challenging educational experience in a respectful environment that fosters learning and growth.  I am confident that every student will learn maximally in the environment that we will create together.

A crucial part of success for students is attendance.  As a parent or guardian, it is essential for you to maintain an attitude that “Every Day Counts.  At FSLMA, we will assist in helping parents and families understand the importance of instructional time and school attendance.  Additionally, we know that parents/guardians are the most essential component to a student’s success and we recognize that family and community support are integral to our success.  This is why we encourage you to join us as a volunteer through PTSA, Local School Council, or other avenues.

When we take the time to strategically plan, forge positive relationships, celebrate our achievements, and continue to build on our successful foundation, we can foster a learning environment where our entire FSLMA community thrives. 

FSLMA is a place where exceptional teaching and learning is the norm.  I am truly honored to be a part of the Mighty Patriot Community. Have a great school year! 

Amia Hamilton

email:  hamilton.amia.l@muscogee.k12.ga.us

phone:  (706)569-3740