Welcome to Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy: The BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL in the WORLD!Mrs. Brenda M. Merritt, Proud Principal
The mission of Fort Middle School is to promote the intellectual, social, emotional and physical development of our students in a safe, challenging environment so that they become confident, self-disciplined, productive members of a global society.
2021-2022 School Supply List
PARENTS: IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
CAR-RIDER PICK UP PROCEDURES
. In an effort to improve our dismissal procedures and maintain safety for our students, we have implemented the following:
Parent driven vehicles will enter at the lower end of the parking lot (near the soccer complex)
Buses will enter from the driveway at the upper end of the parking lot (near Fort)
Parents please do not park in the Canaan Baptist Church parking lot.
Thank you for your cooperation, patience, and understanding of student safety as we improve our car riders pick-up procedures.
School Times – Middle School is from 8:50am until 3:52pm. Car riders are walkers arrival time on campus is 8:30am. Due to COVID-19 safety protocols make sure that you and your child follow that time .
Transportation – Requests for bus passes must be completed by parents on the MCSD website. Click the “Bus Stops” link and enter your address to find your child’s bus information. Write it down and give to your child so they will know their bus number, pick up times and location. Expect delays the first day/week of school. No child will be turned away from the bus stop because they do not have a bus pass.
Recently updated COVID-19 guidelines require masks to be worn indoors for all persons entering the building. Only the Fort student(s) and parent/guardian completing the verification process will be allowed in the building. Fort Patriot Masks will be available to purchase for $10. Due to the recent safety update, students will not use lockers and may carry a clear or mesh book bag.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call the school at 706-569-3740. Remember “We Are FORTified”. Our doors are open to unlimited “Patriot Possibilities”.
Saturday, September 25, 2021:
Football Tryouts Begin
Students interested in playing football for the MIGHTY PATRIOTS need to come to the football field Saturday, September 25th at 9am for try outs. Please wear cleats and bring water for hydration. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE A MCSD PHYSICAL ON FILE. Final cuts will be made the following Monday, September 27th after school. For more information, contact the head coach, Darrell Bryant, at 706.569.3740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, September 27, 2021:
Soccer Game (HOME)
The MIGHTY PATRIOT boys and girls soccer teams will play Richards Middle School. This is a HOME game that will begin at 5:30pm. Come out and support our Patriots!
Tuesday, September 28, 2021:
Volleyball Tryouts Begin
Students interested in playing volleyball for the LADY PATRIOTS need to stay after school on Tuesday, 9/28/2021 for try outs. Please wear appropriate shoes/clothes and bring water for hydration. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE A MCSD PHYSICAL ON FILE. For more information, contact the head coach, Shanakie Ward, at 706.569.3740 or email@example.com.
*The date of try outs was recently changed from Monday the 27th to Tuesday the 28th.
Tuesday, October 5, 2021:
Cross Country Meet
The MIGHTY PATRIOT Cross Country Team will compete this evening. The location and time is Kinnett Stadium at 6:00PM. Come out and support the Patriots!
ATTENTION FSLMA PARENTS!!!!
HOSPITAL HOMEBOUND ONLINE APPLICATION
HOSPITAL/HOMEBOUND (HHB) SERVICES
Hospital/Homebound (HHB) services are designed to provide continuity of educational services between the classroom and home or hospital for students in Georgia public schools whose medical needs, either physical or psychiatric, do not allow them to attend school for a limited period of time.
What you Need to Know: Hospital Homebound On-Line Process
- Student must be enrolled in a Muscogee County Public Schools prior to the request for online instruction. Parents/Guardians must register through On-line registration to be considered.
- While this opportunity provides these identified students with an alternative synchronous/asynchronous instruction, extended on-line instruction can have negative impact on the academic progress of students. Online instruction is optional.
- Students (including participating siblings) attending on-line instruction will not participate in extracurricular school activities. Online instruction is terminated when the student is employed in any capacity, goes on vacation, participates in extracurricular activities, or is no longer confined to home.
- The link to the online Hospital Homebound application is in the YELLOW BOX that accompanies this text OR on the Muscogee County District’s website under the Student Health Services tab.
- Parent/guardian will need to print out the application for their child’s physician to complete. The online application Medical Referral Form must be signed and affirmed by a primary care medical provider.
- Families with multiple children will need to complete an application for each individual student that will need online instruction. Applications must be submitted to Muscogee County School District Central Registration Office; 2960 Macon Road Columbus Georgia 31906, 706-748-2000. One primary medical provider authorization may be attached to multiple student applications from one family.
- Once the application is complete, the parent/guardian will bring the application to Central Registration where they will be grouped. An acceptance or denial decision will be made at this time. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Once a decision is made, the family will be contacted by email. There is not an appeals process. Final approval is at the discretion of Muscogee County School District.
- Any student eligible for on-line instruction, he/she is subject to mandatory attendance requirements.
- Parents should obtain instructional/technology materials from the Marshall Success Center 1830 Shepherd Dr. Columbus Georgia 31906, 706-748-2900.
- Parents should communicate with the school for further direction.
- The Muscogee County School District maintains attendance zones for school assignments. Parents MUST register students at the school of assignment based on the legal residence. For more information related to On-line Instructional Learning, parents and guardians should contact Ms. Jeannie Polhamus, MCSD Lead Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOIN THE PTA
Our goal: 100% MEMBERSHIP
Teachers, parents and grandparents are encouraged to join FSLMA’s Parent Teacher Association.
Don’t hesitate, JOIN NOW for only $10.00 (cash only)
Email questions to: email@example.com