The Scrimmage game is Friday August 13, 2021, at 7:00pm at Spencer High School.
Link to buy tickets for scrimmage game. No purchases at the gate.
Students and Parents,
We have been working hard all week to prepare to welcome your child on the 1st day of school. School will begin Monday, August 9th at 8:00 AM and end at 3:25 PM. Students may arrive at 7:45 AM for breakfast. . All car riders must be picked up no later than 3:45 PM.
Thank you to all of you who attended verification this week. All returning students were able to pick up their schedules, bus passes and lockers during verification.
If you are a new student to Spencer High School and transferring from outside of Muscogee County, please be mindful that we need a copy of your transcripts in order to create a schedule for you.
The school’s dress code will be enforced. Please review the student handbook. Holes are not allowed in jeans. All shoes must have a back. Hoodies are not allowed to be worn in the building and everyone entering the building must wear a mask.
Parents, if you did not complete registration this week, your child will not be permitted to attend class Monday. In order to complete the registration process, you must complete the Online Registration, Fill out the printed packets and schedule an appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed. Registration times are available from 9 – 10:30 and 1 – 2:30 PM. Please call the school to schedule an appointment.
Parents and Students,
We are excited to Welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year. All students will report in person for their 1st day of school on August 9th. Students are most successful when they are enrolled and arrive on time on the 1st day of school.
- Complete the Online Registration. Be sure to upload a copy of your id, lease/mortgage and utility bill. If you need assistance with uploading the documents, contact the front office.
- Pick up a Packet and signing all required documents. Verification and registration will go much smoother if you complete the packet at home. Please stop by the school tomorrow (Monday) from 8:30 AM – 2 PM to pick up a packet. The packets are located in a bin in the front of the school.
- Bring the completed packet and your child to the school on their Verification Day. The Online Registration and completed packet must be completed BEFORE you arrive at Verification Day. Student verification is Organized by the 1st letter of the child’s last name:
Tuesday, August 3rd
|Wednesday August 4th
8:30 – 10:00 AM A – J Juniors
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM K – Z Juniors
2:00 – 4:00 PM A – J Freshmen
4:00 – 6:00 PM K – Z Freshmen
Parents, if you need assistance with completing the Online Registration. By appointment only, parents/guardians may visit the school to utilize the computers in the Media Center. Space is limited. You must call for an appointment.
Promotion – If you are not sure if your child was promoted, please ask them to check Infinite Campus. Based on the number of credits they’ve earned last school year, their correct grade level is posted. You may also view it in the parent portal. Students must have the following Credits for promotion:
10th grade – 5 Credits
11th grade – 11 Credits
12th grade – 16 Credits
Chromebooks – If a student has not returned their Chromebook from May, 2021, there is a hold on their Registration.
Transfer Student– If your child is transfer student from another school or if your child will not return to Spencer for the 2021-2022 school year, please contact the front office immediately. We’d like to process their transcripts ASAP.
Receive Text Announcements – Join Remind: To receive regular messages and school updates, please join Remind based on your grade level.
During verification, you will pick up a copy of your schedule. Schedules have now been finalized. Each year, course requests are completed between January and February prior to the upcoming school year.
Courses do not have a “trial” period. If a student asks for a schedule change, the schedule change not only affects that particular student but other students as well due to class size and state guidelines. The master schedule is prepared based on what students choose for core and elective courses during the pre-registration/registration process and from the elective courses chosen by the incoming freshmen.
As a reminder, the ONLY schedule changes that will be considered during the scheduled verification days are for the following reasons:
1. Student took the class in Summer School and passed it. If that class is on their schedule, you may request a change.
2. Students are missing a course. You should have a course in each of your 7 periods. If you are missing a course, you may request a change.
3. Missing a course to complete their Pathway or Magnet criteria.
4. Missing a core course (Math, English, Science, Social Studies)
5. Transfer student newly enrolled.
Your schedule change request will be denied for the following reasons:
1. I want my schedule to match my friend’s. No, the order of classes on the schedule cannot be changed. Classes are full.
2. I’d like to change my teacher. No, Teacher changes will not be permitted.
3. Can I take another course instead of the one I requested in January? No, we didn’t save you a seat.
Teacher requests and the order of classes on the schedule will not be changed.
After verification days are complete, some student schedules may change to accommodate class sizes and school needs. This will be completed by an administrator.
Students will be given a 2nd copy of their schedule on the first day of school in Advisement. Students should report to their Advisement class on the first day of school.
School begins on August 9, 2021, 8:00 AM – 3:25 PM.
Students may enter at 7:45 AM for breakfast
Warning bell rings at 8:05 am. First period starts at 8:10 am.
Lunch will be during 4th period.
Chromebooks will be issued on the 1st day of school.
No student may verify for another student.
To prevent congestion, please leave the building as soon as you complete your registration.
Tables will be set up alphabetically by grade level.
This is a tentative schedule since some rescheduling may be required to balance class sizes.
Bus Pass, Lockers, and Parking Permit
Bus passes will be available. Lockers ($10) and parking permits can also be purchased. For a parking permit, students must present their schedule, driver’s license, license plate number, proof of insurance and vehicle registration. Student who need a bus pass, but do not have one already printed will complete a bus request form. If this is the case, the MCSD transportation department will send your pass to the attendance office as soon as one is available. This may take up to two weeks.
The Scheduling Team