Spencer High Student/Parent Handbook
MCSD Student Handbook and Code of Conduct
The Muscogee County School District’s handbook and Code of Conduct is written to provide information to create a safe and secure learning environment. To identify standards of conduct for students from the time the student leaves home to go to school until she/ he returns home and any time a student is on school grounds. These rules also apply off school grounds while en route to or from any school activity, function or event. Anytime a student is on a school bus or any other transportation furnished by the school district. The school District also addresses certain off campus misconduct including electronic messages whether they originated on school grounds or on school property.
A copy of the Handbook And Code Of Conduct can be located here.
Student Honor Code
William Henry Spencer High School expects students to uphold standards of honorable conduct. The stakeholders (students, faculty and parents) of William Henry Spencer High School initiated this honor code. It sets standards and serves as a guideline for classroom instruction regarding ethical behavior. To uphold the Honor Code, students are encouraged to report known violations. If a student observes another student committing an Honor Code violation or acting illegally, the student should notify a teacher, Assistant Principal(s), or Principal. Teachers who have knowledge of an Honor Code violation shall notify the Assistant Principal of Discipline.
Under the William Henry Spencer High School Honor Code, all persons are expected to:
- Demonstrate respect for all people in our school and community as well as for the school as an institution. This includes, but is not limited to, respecting the religious, ethnic, social and economic background of all members of the school and community. Prejudiced conduct because of religion, race, gender or ethnicity is prohibited.
- Demonstrate honesty in all matters. Lying, cheating, plagiarism, and stealing are serious offenses (see below for a definition of Cheating and Plagiarism). If a student is uncertain about whether certain conduct constitutes cheating, the student should ask the teacher for clarification.
- Protect the property of William Henry Spencer High School and its community. Students are responsible for preserving the campus. Littering, vandalism, and malicious mischief are prohibited.
DRESS AND APPEARANCE: DRESS FOR SUCCESS
- Spencer Class of 2022 code is @2022whshs
- Spencer class of 2023 code is @2023whshs
- Spencer class of 2024 code is @2024whshs
- Spencer class of 2025 code is @2025whshs