G.W. Carver Tigers
Welcome to our Scholarship page! Be sure you check this page regualry for deadlines and shcholarship updates!
Below is a link of points of contacts needed for scholarship information! Feel free to reach out to your school’s point of contact!
Project LEAP 2023 Application
- Application Link (The application period opens on April 17th and closes on May 26th at 11:59 pm PST.)
- Their program includes: Up to $25,000 in scholarship funds, 4 in 1 aptitude and career assessments, College and career workshops, Internship and volunteer opportunities, Authentic career discovery, Personalized support from experienced mentors, College Application Assistance.
- Project LEAP Application Packet (Please note: due to the complications with AP testing, the one-way video interview requirement has been made optional for students.
Parrish Construction Scholarship
Applicants must be pursuing an education in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field. Use the link below to view and complete the scholarship application.
Application materials must be received by Friday, April 28, 2023, in order to be considered.
Junior League – Teens Who Care Scholarship
The Junior League of Columbus is pleased to announce the availability of the Teens Who Care scholarship. The scholarship is open to any high school senior in the Columbus, GA area who has demonstrated a commitment to community service. The League is excited to award three $1,000 scholarships this year.
Our application process is now fully online. If you know a deserving student, please encourage them to apply by going to the JLC website at:
Important scholarship application dates:
- Friday, March 17, 2023 – Deadline for submission of all application materials and reference letters.
- Week of April 17, 2023 – Winners (and their school counselors) will be notified via email.
- Monday, May 1, 2023 – Winners will be recognized at the League membership meeting. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, this meeting may be virtual.
Shawn Carter Foundation
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. By removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college, the SCSF plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet underserved youth and young adults. The SCSF provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation. The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living. All Shawn Carter Scholars are required to “give back” by conducting community service and by serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.
Click HERE for scholarship information!
The application opens on April 1st and closes on April 30th!!!
2023 Washington Youth Tour
Diverse Power will sponsor three local high school students on an all expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. The three students, along with other participants from around the state, will begin the tour on June 15, 2023 and will conclude the tour with their arrival back in Atlanta on June 22, 2023.
The tour is an excellent chance for the students to see the Capitol of our nation, as well as meet other high school students from around the country. It is an opportunity to learn about our government and the history of our nation – all this for free!
Please review the enclosed entry rules and guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact me at our office at 706–845–2000, extension 347.
Walter Harrison Scholarship
Diverse Power will be submitting two applications of graduating high school seniors, currently enrolled undergraduate college students, or currently enrolled vocational–technical school students from within our service area for an opportunity to win a Walter Harrison Scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 This scholarship is financed by donations from various participating co–ops throughout the state, one of which is Diverse Power.
Diverse Power will select two applicants from our service area to submit to the state level. Several scholarships will be awarded in the spring of the year, with the number awarded depending on the fund‘s earnings. The applicant selection at the local level will be based on the following:
1. Walter Harrison Scholarship criteria. 2. Financial need. 3. Academic and scholastic record. 4. Parents/guardians are members of Diverse Power. 5. Scholarship is to be used for an educational institution in the state of Georgia.
Enclosed are the application form and criteria list. Feel free to make additional copies as needed. All applications must be received no later than January 9, 2023. Please submit all applications to:
Ken Pope Diverse Power
1400 South Davis Road P. O. Box 160 LaGrange, GA 30241
If you have any questions please contact Ken Pope at 706–845–2000, extension 347.
Click here to access the full applications for the tour and the scholarship.