Brian Q. Shirley
Track & Field News!!
Congratulations to the 2022 BRMS Track & Field Team
Practices will be held everyday unless otherwise informed by the Coaches.
Daily Track & Field Practice Will Begin on March 07, 2022.
Practice will be until 5:30pm (1730). Ensure your ride is at the school by 1730.
If you are unable to make practice you NEED TO COMMUNICATE with the Coaches
You need to have a personal water bottle with you at all Practices and Meets. We will not have a water cooler w/ cups.
Ensure that you have a ride picking you up at 5:30pm.
STAY IN YOUR 6th Period Class UNTIL YOU ARE CALLED FOR. IF YOU ARE FOUND WANDERING THE HALLS PRIOR TO BEING CALLED, YOU WILL BE RELEASED FROM THE TEAM!!
The 2022 Track & Field Schedule is posted below.
- All Meets will be held at Kinnett Stadium
- Meets will begin at 5:15
- Students need to be training NOW and building up endurance
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW
Things to Consider
Meet Participation is earned in practice. Making the team does not guarantee participation in every meet. I will do my best give everyone a chance to run and participate in the field events, but there are no guarantees. We practice every day and everyone will need to be picked up ON TIME. Every parent will be given a practice schedule and you will need to arrange transportation for your son or daughter to be picked up at the appointed time. We will never leave your child here alone, so we cannot leave until they leave. We will be respectful of your time, please respect ours as well. We want your child to enjoy running, and participating in Track & Field as much as possible. Hard work and dedication will get us far!
- All student athletes are required to have an annual physical examination by a physician before the first practice of the chosen sport. This is also a requirement for pre-season conditioning and tryouts. The signed physical form, player packet, permission form, emergency contact, and insurance card must be turned in to the Coach before participation in ANY team activities.
- All Student-Athletes must turn in the Student-Athlete Behavior Contract, signed by their parent (s) and/ or Guardian(s) prior to the start of Tryouts.
- NO STUDENT-ATHLETE PLAYER PACKET and NO STUDENT-ATHLETE BEHAVIOR CONTRACT turned in EQUALS NO PARTICIPATION
- Each parent will be asked to bring 1 case or water or Gatorade at the start of the season, so we can have drinks for all Athletes at every track meet
- If you make the team, attendance at practice is MANDATORY. We practice every day, Monday through Friday. If you miss practice, without prior coordination with the coaches, you will be required to make up your missed time.
- If you miss more than 3 practices, unexcused, you will be dismissed from the team.
- Exceptions to this rule are serious illness, emergency and occasional participation in other school functions.