Welcome to the Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics Magnet Program of George Washington Carver High School. The STEM Magnet Program is a program designed to equip our youth with the skills needed to be proficient and prepared for a post-secondary study and the 21st century workforce. Integrating the four composite areas of science, technology, engineering and math will ensure that our students can solve tough problems, gather and evaluate evidence, and analyze information.
The STEM Magnet Program is a rigorous, project-based program but also includes educational field trips that offer our students opportunities to learn more about STEM related careers. Each magnet student is to fulfill all magnet requirements as well as participate in extracurricular and community activities. Here at George Washington Carver High School, we believe that communication is the key to a successful experience and together parents/guardians, students and teachers will be more successful when we work as a team.
The 2020-2021 Magnet Application is closed for all Magnet applicants. The Magnet Application can be found under the Parent/Student portal on the MCSD website https://www.muscogee.k12.ga.us/Families. All applicants must complete the Magnet application in its entirety before the deadline on January 17th, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
- October 14: Magnet applications open.
- January 17: Magnet applications close.
- February 14: Completed entrance exams and auditions are due.
- February 14: Magnet decisions will be emailed.
- February 21: Offer decisions must be made by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
- All offers will be rescinded after this time.
Three Things to Know About 2020-2021 Magnet and Academy Application Processes
- Magnet Brochure: Magnet Brochure Link
- Magnet Open House is December 10, 2019 @ 6:00 p.m.
- G.W. Carver High Magnet testing dates are: January 11th, January 18th, and January 25th at 10:00 a.m.
- Any student arriving after 10 a.m. will not be allowed to test. Students must report to the Auditorium on their specified testing date. All items used during testing will be provided to the student (calculator, pen, pencil, paper, etc.).
- Magnet transportation request forms submitted after July 1st may result in a delay of transportation at the start of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Submit Magnet dues by August 28th, 2020.
- Service Learning Log: Service Learning Log
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Shannon M. Floyd
Shannon M. Floyd
G.W. Carver High School
Phone: (706) 748-2499