Carver High School Handbook click here
Muscogee County School District Handbook click here
WHEN AND HOW CAN I PAY MY DUES
- Cost: $180.00 from August 4, 2020 – November 6, 2020
- Dues increases to $200.00 after November 6, 2020 and $220 after February 12, 2021
- Parents and students may begin making CASH/MONEY ORDER payments Verification Day. (Tuesday, August 4th) NO CHECKS.
- After Verification Day payments can be made BEFORE and AFTER school to Mrs. Boyd (Email: Boyd.Chastity.B@muscogee.k12.ga.us) in Room 2435, partial payments are accepted. Be prepared to give your child’s T-shirt size.
- The late fee will apply if dues are not paid in full before the deadline.
- Dues must be PAID IN FULL to represent the Senior Class in ANY senior activity.
WHAT DO SENIOR DUES PAY FOR?
- A Yearbook – “The Tigonian” (if dues are not paid by March 24th you will not receive a yearbook unless you order it separately)
- Homecoming Week Decorations/Activity
- Senior Class Video
- Senior Class Picnic, The Beach Pavilion at Callaway Gardens (If dues are not paid in full by March 24th, you will not be allowed to attend the picnic)
- Senior Breakfast
- Printing of Graduation programs and tickets (2 color copies with your diploma)
- Printing of Baccalaureate programs, decorations and Speaker Gift
- Senior Class T-shirt with names on the back (will be issued in the Spring)
- (If dues are not paid in full by March 19th, you will not receive a t-shirt.)
- Graduation tickets and stage decorations at the Civic Center
- Senior Gift to the School
**Yearbooks, t-shirts Senior Breakfast, Programs/tickets and the senior class trip require contractual agreements in advance therefore we cannot honor students who pay after deadlines listed above.
**Final day to pay Senior Dues is Friday, April 16, 2021
**SENIOR DUES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE!
**SENIOR DUES DO NOT INCLUDE PROM TICKETS OR CAP AND GOWN**
Herff Jones is the company we use to order Cap & Gown, Announcements, etc. They are located in Tifton, GA. All cap and gown concerns and payments should be directed to HERFF JONES. A representative will be on campus as listed below or you may also contact them at the following:
YOUR HERFF JONES REPRESENTATIVE
George Washington Carver High School Service Schedule 2020-2021
|Monday, September 28th||10:00 a.m.||Senior Cap & Gown Assembly|
|Thursday, October 1st||Lunch time||Senior Product Ordering (Last Names A-L)|
|Friday, October 2nd||Lunch time||Senior Product Ordering (Last Names M-Z)|
|Thursday, November 5th||Lunch time||FINAL Senior Product Ordering|
|Wednesday, April 7th||Lunch time||Cap & Gown / Senior Product Delivery|
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Annette M. Williams
G.W. Carver Senior Class Chairperson
Senior Class Chairperson
Phone: (706) 748-4029
Important Magnet testing dates:
|January 19, 2021 at 4pm||January 20, 2021 at 4pm|
|January 21, 2021 at 4pm||January 23, 2021 at 10am|
Welcome to the Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics Magnet Program of George Washington Carver High School. The STEM Magnet Program is a program designed to equip our youth with the skills needed to be proficient and prepared for a post-secondary study and the 21st century workforce. Integrating the four composite areas of science, technology, engineering and math will ensure that our students can solve tough problems, gather and evaluate evidence, and analyze information.
The STEM Magnet Program is a rigorous, project-based program but also includes educational field trips that offer our students opportunities to learn more about STEM related careers. Each magnet student is to fulfill all magnet requirements as well as participate in extracurricular and community activities. Here at George Washington Carver High School, we believe that communication is the key to a successful experience and together parents/guardians, students and teachers will be more successful when we work as a team.
The 2020-2021 Magnet Application is closed for all Magnet applicants. The Magnet Application can be found under the Parent/Student portal on the MCSD website Click here to access the site.
Three Things to Know About 2020-2021 Magnet and Academy Application Processes
This website link above provides regarding the magnet application, open house, and important dates to come.
Upcoming Magnet Open House
G.W. Carver High School Magnet Open House will be virtual this year. Please click the link below to view the G.W. Carver High School Magnet Video.
While attending, please adhere to the following:
All students testing must wear a face mask and practice social distance. Students must report to the Auditorium on the specified date selected in the magnet application portal. The test will consist of three parts: math, science, and an essay. The test lasts approximately 2 hours. All items used during testing will be provided to the student (calculator, pen, pencil, paper, etc.).
All applicants must complete the magnet application and register for testing in the MCSD magnet application portal.
The link is provided below:
|October 28: Magnet applications open.|
|January 19: Magnet applications close.|
|February 19: Last day to complete entrance exams and auditions|
|February 19: Magnet decisions will be emailed.|
|February 26: Offer decisions must be made by 11:59 p.m. on this date or all offers will be rescinded after this time.|
Service Learning Log: Service Learning Log
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Shannon M. Floyd
G.W. Carver High School
Phone: (706) 748-2499