Media Center

About our Media Center:

All students visit the media center weekly with their homeroom classes, for 45 minutes. While there students will read, check out new library books, learn library skills, build and explore with Makerspace items and much more. 

Kindergarten and 1st grade students are allowed to check out two books at a time. These students will receive drawstring library bags that their books are to be kept inside of, when not being read. This will help keep the books from being damaged. These bags should be returned each week, with the library books inside, in order for new library books to be checked out.

2nd – 5th grade students are allowed to check out three books at a time (at least two have to be on the students’ reading levels). These students have the opportunity to visit the media center daily to return books they have finished reading, and to check out new ones. All books can be kept up to one week.

About our Media Specialist:

My name is Ms. Pyron and I am the library media specialist at River Road Elementary. I have been a classroom teacher for 11 years and this is my first year in the Media Center. 

When I am not at school I enjoy reading, watching my daughter play soccer, playing tennis and Auburn football games (War Eagle!).

I like reading all kinds of books but my favorite are picture books. In my opinion, you are never too old to pick up a picture book and read it by yourself or to a child. My favorite picture book is The Day the Crayons Quit.