Career, Technical and Agricultural Education Magnet Program
New Addition to our Welding Program
Our new Robotic Welder
Our Welding program recently received a new Robotic Welder. This welder is the same brand that is used at Kia and with other companies that have manufacturing with automation. Mr. McGrotha, our Welding instructor, and a few students traveled to Cleveland, Ohio to visit Lincoln Electronics for training on robotic welding.
Our students are already programming this new device and we are all excited about this addition to Jordan High.
Jordan Vocational High School is a home to several CTAE programs. These programs extend advanced technical skills and post-secondary opportunities for a variety of career pathways. The career pathways provide career-themed instruction weaved with academic curriculum as students prepare themselves within a program of study. The career pathways provide challenging studies that offer work-based learning internships and apprenticeships.
Jordan Vocational High School offers the following pathways:
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Engineering Technologies Academy (Drafting, Welding and Sheet Metal Fabrication, Precision Machining, Masonry, Carpentry, Electrical, Construction, and HVAC/Plumbing)
- Healthcare Science Academy (Patient Care Assisting, Medical Coding, Pharmacy Tech, and First Responder)
- Introduction to Business and Technology (Microsoft IT Academy and Microsoft Office Specialist)
- Transportation Academy (Automotive Technology and Electrical Systems)
- Youth Apprenticeship Program
Students receive national and/or state certification upon completion of the course work and successful testing. Our programs provide our region and state a viable workforce for the 21st century.