Muscogee County School DistrictFox Elementary School
Principal: Ms. Alison Waldrop
Assistant Principal: Mr. Jessie Warren
Elementary Dean: Dr. Jennifer Delaney
Grade Levels: Pre-K through 5th
Registration and Enrollment
All registration paperwork must be completed online. See the center column for additional details about online registration.
Student & Parent Handbook and Code of Conduct
Please review both our Fox Student/Parent handbook and Muscogee County School District Student Handbook and Code of Conduct below.
Fox Student-Parent Handbook 23-24
Please visit our dress code page for the 2023-24 dress code.
Suggested Supply List
Parent & Family Engagement
Visit Muscogee County School District’s website for additional announcements. Click on the Students & Families tab to access student resources and more.
Safety at Dismissal
Our dismissal procedures are available below.
Dismissal Safety Procedures: August 2022
2024-25 Pre-K Applications
1. Children who are four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2024 or children born September 2, 2019-December 31, 2019.
2. Resident of Muscogee County
This is an application only. Submission of this application does not guarantee a seat in our Pre-K Program. Acceptance to the program is based on available funding and space. Each application is routed to the appropriate Pre-K school in their attendance zone based on your address
All applications received during the lottery window will be entering into a computerized lottery drawing. Each family will receive written notification of your child’s lottery results-won a Pre-K seat or placed on the waiting list. Parents on the waiting list will be contacted via text message when a seat becomes available.
2024-2025 Initial Lottery Window
January 3, 2024-February 16, 2024
- Parent notification of lottery results will be sent out via email on February 23, 2024.
- All lottery winners must complete the Online Registration Process to claim the seat from March 1-15, 2024. If the online registration process is not complete, the seat will be given to the next family on the waiting list beginning March 25, 2024.
After February 22, 2024, the online applications will reopen on February 23, 2024-April 30, 2025. Families will be offered vacant seats, based on the date and time applications are received.
For additional information, please refer to the district webpage at: https://muscogee.k12.ga.us/c/Divisions/TeachingandLearning/PreKEarlySuccessCentersor call 706-748-2118.
How do I complete an application?
To complete the Pre-K application online:
- Click LOGIN
- Scroll down to External Community Members and click on Create Account
- Enter your email and click on Send Verification Code.
- Enter the verification code and click on Confirm Code.
- Create an account with a password that contains:a. An uppercase letter or number
b. At least 8 characters
- After you have created the account, return to apps.muscogee.k12.ga.us/prek
- Use the account information you just started and click on SIGN IN
- Take a picture of proof of age and proof of Muscogee County residency.
- Then do click on Start New Application Be sure to change the date of birth for your child.
Confirm completion of the Online Registration Application (OLR). If you have done so already, please use this link to access: https://muscogee.k12.ga.us/c/Divisions/StudentServices/StudentRegistration/OnlineRegistration
You will need the following forms to complete the Online Registration Application:
TWO proofs of address:
1. Lease/mortgage/property tax AND
2. A current utility bill stating the name and service address
- Withdrawal form from previous school or last report card during June and July
- If you are living with someone, that person must come with you and provide proof of address and a photo ID
NEW TO THE DISTRICT
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s Social Security Card
- GA Immunization Form (3231) or waiver form giving more time to get form 3231
- GA Eye, Ear & Dental Form (3300) or waiver form more time to get form
- Confirm completion of Parent Packets via the Parent Portal App: https://campus.muscogee.k12.ga.us/campus/portal/muscogee.jsp
- Drop off required documents if unable to upload to Online Registration Application (OLR)
- Pick up school schedules
- Students can receive bus passes (if determined eligible for transportation) and lockers, meet staff, etc.
Registration and/or change of address processes can be done at the assigned school via Online Registration.
Our School Day
New school hours have recently been approved for Muscogee County School District. These hours go into effect in August 2023.
Elementary school doors will open at 7 am and afternoon release will begin at 2:15 pm.
Note: Staff is not available to supervise students prior to 7:00 am.
- All car riders must be dropped off at the front of school. All students who walk to school will enter through the front doors.
- Students will eat breakfast in the cafeteria.
- At 7:45 am, students will be late for school. Please go to the front office for a tardy pass.
Our end of day procedures will begin at 2:15 pm.
- All car riders must be picked up through the car line at the front of school, and the pickup number printed by the school must be in the car window. This is for the safety of your students, and our front office staff will assist you in checking out your student in the event that your number is not in the car. Please see the “Safety at Dismissal” section to the left for more details.
- Walkers are checked off by staff as they exit either the front or back of school.
- Student check-outs end at 1:45 pm to allow our office staff and classrooms time to prepare for dismissal.
Our Mission & Vision
To inspire and equip all students to achieve unlimited potential.
Every student will be at or above grade level in reading and math by the end of the year!
If we strive for proficiency we will get growth; if we only strive for growth we may not get proficiency.
Important Dates & Upcoming School Events
Pre-k applications for the 2024-2025 school year will be taken online between January 3 and February 16, 2024.
Sneaker Ball: Thursday, February 15, 2024 from 3 to 5 pm. We are looking forward to our February family dance in the gym with entertainment by DJ Fresh! More details to come.
600 38th Street
Columbus, GA 31904
Care and Use of School Property – Chromebooks, Textbooks, and Media Center Checkouts:
- Students will be held responsible for the proper care of all books, supplies, Chromebooks, and accessories or equipment furnished to them by the school. A student who defaces, damages, or loses school property shall be required to pay for the damage or loss(see MCSD Board Policy JS: Student Fees, Fines, and Charges).
- A Parent/Student must pay all fees and fines owed to the school in a timely fashion. Parent/Student must clear all fines or fees during the year the fines are assessed. Fines must be paid/cleared where they were assessed and before moving to the next level in school.
New for 2023-2024
The GoGuardian Parent App is designed to provide parents with insights into their students’ online learning activities. It allows parents to view their students’ screen time, browsing history, as well as receive alerts when their student accesses inappropriate content. The app also facilitates communication between parents and educators, promoting greater collaboration in the education process.
Using the App, parents will be able to view and manage the following for devices issued by the district for student use:
- Top 5 summary of student browsing (apps, extensions, documents, and websites visited)
- 30-day view of websites, videos, documents, apps, and extensions
- Website filtering to block content during out-of-school hours (4:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Monday-Friday, including all hours on weekends and school-district holidays)
- On-demand internet pausing that allows parents to pause all internet during out-of-school hours.
- Scheduled internet pausing that allows parents to pre-determine periods of time internet usage should be paused