About UsPartners and Friends
Partners in Education
Fox Elementary’s Partners in Education are: Burger King, Brookstone School, Evangel Temple, and Pierce Chapel United Methodist Church. Each partner provides the following support:
- Burger King (Schuster Enterprises) provides incentives, awards, and field trips for students. Students enjoyed chocolate cupcakes for their classroom parties, lunch during On the Table Chatt, and cookies at Fox Fun Day. Through their generosity, students have been able to attend Girls’ Inc.
- For one week, once a semester, Brookstone School provides “Science Buddies” for fifth grade students and “Reading Buddies” for all grades. A Brookstone Eagle Scout candidate recently completed raised gardening beds, and after-school Boys & Girls Club members are learning to garden with Brookstone students as their guides. Brookstone hosts the annual Fox Fun Day, complete with carnival games, face painting, field day activities, and entertainment. Through their Bookfair’s round-up for reading program, Brookstone students have been raising funds to provide every student a brand new book since December 2018!
Friends of Fox
In addition to our active and engaged Partners in Education, Fox has many friends who support our school in a variety of ways. From volunteering at PBIS celebrations to bringing special programming to our school, Fox would not be the same without these community relationships. Stay tuned for more featured friends! In the meantime, we would like to thank the following groups:
- MercyMed provides an invaluable service to our students and staff with a unique partnership. Three days a week, their onsite clinic is available to assess students, partner with parents on healthcare, and write prescriptions as needed.
- Publix on Macon Road has generously provided volunteers for our PBIS Fall Festival, our Holiday Party, and our Holiday PBIS Store. Drawstring backpacks with goodies were provided for all students on the last day of school before break, and motivational treats have been enjoyed by our students (especially Takis)! For faculty, Publix has provided door prizes and fall treats.
- RiverCenter for the Performing Arts has recruited amazing talent to work with our students during three Artist in Residency programs during the 2018-2019 school year. Gigantic puppets inspired by literature and paraded around the school, an Invention Convention, printmaking portraits, and Magic School Bus style planets–all would have been interactive and educational on their own. With the RiverCenter connection, students attended plays such as Rosie Revere, Engineer.
- SPARK Art recruited volunteers to add a splash of fun to bathrooms on our 3rd-5th Grade hall. Inspirational sayings greeted students when they came back to school in August.
- Columbus Public Library provides outreach such as story time to our younger students. As an extension of the annual Children’s Book Festival, Fox hosted Laura Numeroff, author of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. For the first time, our school is participating in the library’s Guys Read program which began in January 2019. Ten 4th Grade boys were selected to meet with community volunteers who read aloud to them at lunch time twice a week.