If you have a Mifi device, please see the attached for instructions.Mifi Franklin T9 Resource Doc
- The BESS Screener is completed each year and the information gathered from the survey is used to help guide the social emotional program at our school.
- Please note that you can opt out of the survey if you would like by the attached letter and bringing it to the school or by emailing either Mr. Aviles or Ms. Weeks with the statement “I, (parent name), want to opt my child, (child’s name) out of the BESS Screener.”
For more information, please see the fliers below:Final BESS Parent Informational Letter - 8-6-20 English
Final BESS Parent Informational Letter - 8-6-20 Spanish Translation
20-21 BESS-Universal Screening Flyer English
20-21 BESS-Universal Screening Flyer Spanish
Be sure students are using an up to date Web browser.
Check the version of chrome installed on the student’s chromebook? You can check this by visiting https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ on the device.
- If the student uses a laptop, iPad, or Android tablet, have them move close to the wireless source (WiFi router). Check for signal strength before logging in to their Lexia program.
- Have the student use Lexia when no one else is using the WiFi for activities that use a lot of WiFi bandwidth, such as streaming TV or movies, or video conferencing.
- If the student uses a computer or laptop, have them try using a different browser (we support Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge).
- If there is another device available, have the student try a different device.
- If the students are on computers, they might also try clearing the cache in the browser. They can use the following steps to clear cache in Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (The icon is in the top-right corner, and will look like three horizontal lines if Chrome is updated, or like a green arrow if Chrome needs updating).
- In the pull-down menu, select More tools > Clear browsing data, which will open a pop-up tab.
- In the dialog box, check the box next to “Cached images and files” and choose “the beginning of time” from the pull-down menu. Uncheck the other options if you do not wish to clear their data.
- Click “Clear data” at the bottom of the dialog box.
It appears that that student may be having network difficulties, and may not have strong enough internet to connect to our server. I recommend getting information regarding the network the student is using, such as the amount of bandwidth, and checking that it is compliant with our System Requirements.
You can find the System Requirements document by taking the following steps:
– Click on the Resources tab in myLexia
– Click Setup and Technical Info
– Click the desired program
– The System Requirements will be the first option I have included a link below
Additional Resources for Teachers and Staff Members:
If you are a teacher or school staff member who needs general information, you can log into myLexia.com and click on the Resources tab to find manuals, training videos, setup guides, and other helpful resources.
Reading Wonders Troubleshooting
Interactive resources not opening –
To resolve your issue, please delete your temporary internet files and cookies, then restart your web browser. Below are the steps for clearing cookies and cache on the most common Windows and Macintosh browsers. You can also find them on our self-help site by clicking here.
If you don’t see instructions below for your specific version or browser, search your browser’s Help menu for “clear cache”. If you’re unsure what browser version you’re using, from the Help menu or your browser’s menu, select About [browser name].
Due to the changing requirements of our programs, we no longer support this browser. However, we do still support the other options listed below.
- Click the icon with three horizontal dots in the top right of the window to open the More menu.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Choose what to clear.
- Browsing history
- Cookies and saved website data
- Cached data and files.
- Once that goes through, close all Edge browser windowsand reopen Edge to refresh the browser.
- Click the Customize and Control icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner of the browser.
2. Hover over More Tools.
3. Click the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Select All Time from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Browsing History
- Download history
- Cached images and files
- Cookies and other site data.
- Click Clear Browsing Data.
8. Once the box has disappeared, close all open Chrome browser windows and reopen Chrome to refresh the browser.
- Click the menu button (3-vertical lines) in top right
- Click Options
- Select the Privacy & Security
- Scroll to Historysection and click Clear History
- Browsing & Download History
- Click OK.
- After that has processed, close all open Firefox browser windowsand reopen Firefox to refresh the browser.
Safari 8 and above:
- From the Safari menu, select Clear History…
- Select the desired time range, and then click Clear History.
- Quit Safari or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely and then reopen to refresh the browser.
Safari 7 and below:
- From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari….
- Select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset.
*As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data includes both cookies and cache.
- Quit Safari or press Command-Qto exit the browser completely and then reopen to refresh the browser.
1. Go to the iPad Settings app.
2. Select Safari.
3. Select Clear Cache.
4. Prompt would ask if you want to clear, select Yes.
McGraw Hill | School
800-437-3715 Monday-Friday, 7 am-8 pm EST
Visit our Self-Help Website with many FAQ documents: DTS Communities
If you want to submit a new issue, please click Contact Us.
Information on how to operate your child’s Chromebook can be found here.Welcome to Your Chromebook PPT
Welcome to your Chromebook