Online Registration is REQUIRED for all MCSD students. Please complete your Online Registration prior to arriving on your assigned Verification Day. Be sure to upload a copy of your lease, a current utility bill, and a parent identification card to ensure that you are able to get your student enrolled and to ensure a quick verification process. If you arrive to verification without completing your Online Registration, to include uploading your lease and utility bill, you will be asked to complete your Online Registration before you can complete the verification process. Online Registration can be found at https://muscogee.k12.ga.us/c/Divisions/StudentServices/StudentRegistration/OnlineRegistration. Please be sure to write down your application number to ensure that your application can be accessed if needed.
Please have your online registration done BEFORE verification and bring the code with you to the cafeteria on your specified verification date listed below.
|Tuesday, August 2nd 9AM-1PM||6th Grade Verification|
|Wednesday, August 3rd 9AM-1PM||7th Grade Verification|
|Thursday, August 4th 9AM-1PM||8th Grade Verification|
|Friday, August 5th 9-11AM||6th Grade Warrior Camp|
To ensure a smooth and problem free verification process please note the following:
- Online Registration MUST be completed.
- Parents must complete the Parent Packet for each student. The Parent Packet can be located on Infinite Campus under documents.
- Students will take pictures for their ID cards. If students are not available to attend verification day, their pictures will be taken at a later time.
- Students will receive their Chromebooks. If students did not turn in their Chromebook from last school year, they will not receive a Chromebook.
- Parents can bring in student medications and complete the Student Health form.
- The PTA will be on site to collect membership dues. The PTA will also sell RMS Spirit Gear.
Parents may apply for a bus pass during the online registration process, or they can visit the MCSD website by following the link below or follow the directions below:
- Access the MCSD website
- On top right of the page click Families and Students
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to locate “Useful links”.
- Choose Transportation Request.
- Read the information and check the box.
- Choose submit “New Request” and complete the process.
Richards Middle School students will receive a team-based supply list from their teachers on the first day of school.
Dress Code FYI’s:
- Jeans with holes can be worn if the hole is below the knee. Any additional holes must be covered with fabric behind them or tape. No skin should ever be visible above the knee. No see-through pants are allowed or sheer panels in pants above the knee.
- Crocs may be worn but they must be worn in SPORT MODE with the strap around the heel.
- Leggings may be worn, but the shirt must be long enough to cover the student’s bottom.
- Short, cropped shirts and blouses may not be worn. The stomach and lower back must be covered at all times. No skin should show.
- Flip flops, slides, bedroom slippers and shower shoes are not allowed.
- Hoodies are allowed. No hoods on sweatshirts or garments are to be worn on the head inside the building.
- Dresses, skirts, and shorts may be worn with the length to be no higher than three (3) inches above the top of the knee cap. Splits in dresses or skirts may be no higher than the top of the knee even if leggings are worn underneath.
- Pajama pants may not be worn.
*Please see the RMS student handbook for all dress code violation consequences.
- RMS office hours are 8:00AM-4:00 PM on school days.
- Students that arrive on campus prior to 8:20AM will have to wait outside on their own until the building opens.
- The school day begins at 8:50. Any student arriving to school after the late bell will need to check in through the Attendance Office.
- Lockers will be used this year. They will be sold during the first week of school. Lockers will cost $20 and will include a class shirt. Students will not be allowed to share lockers and students will NOT be allowed to carry book bags during the school day.
- School breakfast/lunch will continue to be free.
- Students should be picked up from campus in the afternoons by 4:00 PM unless they are attending an after-school event with a Sponsor Teacher.
- The MCSD Cellphone policy will be in effect. To ensure compliance with the MCSD policy, students should leave their cellphones in their lockers. Any student with their cellphone out (unless it is being used for instructional purposes), will have their cellphones turned in to Student Services.
- All 7th grade students must have current immunizations on file. Parent contact will be made for any student that does not have a current immunization on file. Any student that fails to submit up-to-date immunizations by Wednesday, September 7, 2022, will be withdrawn.
We look forward to an exciting 2022-2023 school year and we look forward to seeing all parents, students, and alumni at all of the wonderful activities and events that the Warriors will participate and compete in. If you have any questions, please contact Richards Middle School at (706) 569-3697.
Lance Henderson, Principal
Warrior Camp (6th grade Orientation):
Warrior Camp will be held on Friday, August 5th from 9:00 AM-11:00 AM. Warrior Camp is an optional meet and greet with Administration and Teachers and will include a school tour. Due to construction on campus, parents please plan to drop your student off at the main entrance of Richards Middle School.
Top 10 Teacher of the Year for MCSD
Congratulations to Mrs. McCarthy on her being named as a TOP TEN FINALIST for the Muscogee County Teacher of the Year!
Congratulations for coming in 1st place (ahead of 12 other teams) at the Competition held at Columbus High School.