Welcome Back Raiders!
Welcome Back! We hope that you have enjoyed your summer. Let’s make it a great year!
MCSD Safety and Security Protocols
Your child’s safety and security are of our upmost concern! Please click on the links below to read our policies on emergency drills, visitor identification (Raptor) policy, and reunification protocol.
Back to School Student Information:
Student Dues: All dues must be paid in cash only.
- Freshman – $25
- Sophomores – $25
- Juniors – $60
- Seniors – $60
Parking Permits: All fees must be paid in cash only.
- Students must have a permit if they drive to school
Lockers: All fees must be paid in cash only.
- One locker per student – students may not share a locker
PTO: Paid directly to PTO – Cash only
- $6 – Individual PTO
- $15 – Family PTO
- $25 – Family PTO with Raider Bag
This Week At Shaw
Tuesday – January 21, 2020
• Our Raider Swim team will compete in the Area Championships at the Columbus Aquatic Center beginning at 5pm.
Wednesday – January 22, 2020
Thursday – January 23, 2020
• Come out and support our wrestling team as we travel to Russell County to square off against Russell County, Hardaway, and Opelika beginning at 6pm.
Friday – January 24, 2020
• Our boys and girls Raider basketball teams will have face Northside High School at Northside beginning at 6pm. Come out and support our Raiders!
Saturday- January 25, 2020
• Saturday school will be held in the Commons from 8:00am-12:00pm. As a reminder, Saturday school is assigned at the discretion of the administrators.
• Come out and support our wrestling team as they compete in the City Championships at Columbus High School beginning at 8am.
• Our Raider basketball teams will take on Cairo High School at Cairo beginning at 3pm. Come out and support our Raiders!
As part of the Muscogee County School District’s student technology initiative, our Chromebook roll out will occur Wednesday, January 29th. Your child won’t be able to successfully complete their academic work at Shaw and thus their academic success may be in jeopardy without this valuable tool. If you have NOT turned in your AUP and Chromebook form by Friday, January 24th, you will receive a call from administration and consequences may ensue at the discretion of the administrators.
If you have not had your individual senior parent meeting with Ms. Cypert this school year, it is imperative that you call the guidance office secretary, Mrs. Barrington, or email Ms. Cypert to set up a time to meet within the next few weeks. Ms. Cypert must meet with all seniors and their parent or guardian.
As a reminder, emails for Student Checkouts are NOT allowed unless it is a documented emergency. Checkouts may be done by guardians in person through our Attendance Office. If your student is a driver, you may send a parent note that it is ok for the student to check out at a certain time. You must include your name, phone number, and signature for this to be verified by our front office staff.
Raiders, don’t forget to follow us on our Shaw High School Facebook page.
Parents, we thank you for your continued support of reminding your students of the importance of abiding by the rules and regulations that govern our building. United, we can ensure Shaw is a school in which all are valued and inspired.
These are the announcements for this week. Have a wonderful week and remember at all times we must:
Be accountable; Be engaged; Be kind; Be a Raider!
Don’t forget to follow us on our Shaw High School Facebook page.
Important Student / Parent Links
Our Shaw Partners in Education
SHAW HIGH SCHOOL
7579 Raider Way Columbus, GA 31909 / Phone 706-569-3638 , Fax 706-569-3648
Student Webmaster: TBD