Welcome Back Raiders!
Welcome Back! We hope that you have enjoyed your summer. Let’s make it a great year!
MCSD Safety and Security Protocols
Your child’s safety and security are of our upmost concern! Please click on the links below to read our policies on emergency drills, visitor identification (Raptor) policy, and reunification protocol.
Back to School Student Information:
Student Dues: All dues must be paid in cash only.
- Freshman – $25
- Sophomores – $25
- Juniors – $60
- Seniors – $60
Parking Permits: All fees must be paid in cash only.
- Students must have a permit if they drive to school
Lockers: All fees must be paid in cash only.
- One locker per student – students may not share a locker
PTO: Paid directly to PTO – Cash only
- $6 – Individual PTO
- $15 – Family PTO
- $25 – Family PTO with Raider Bag
This Week At Shaw
Monday – November 18, 2019
- Our boys and girls Raider basketball teams have started off the season well and will be in action against Marist at Marist High School. Come out and support our Raiders!
Tuesday – November 19, 2019
Wednesday – November 20, 2019
- Our flag football team will be in action at Kinnett Stadium against Hardaway High School beginning at 6:00PM and again at 7:15PM against Carver High School. Come out and support our Raiders!
Thursday – November 21, 2019
- The Raider wrestling team will be in action against Columbus High School and Harris County High School at Shaw beginning at 6PM. Come cheer on our Raiders to victory!
- Thursday School will be held in the Commons from 3:30PM to 6:30PM. As a reminder, Thursday school is assigned by Administration.
Friday – November 22, 2019
- We will celebrate our Remarkable Raiders for the month of November. These students have been nominated by their teachers for outstanding conduct, work ethic, and demonstrating what it means to be a Raider.
ALL Senior Parents
If you have not had your individual senior parent meeting with Ms. Cypert this school year, it is imperative that you call the guidance office secretary, Mrs. Barrington, or email Ms. Cypert to set up a time to meet within the next few weeks. Ms. Cypert must meet with all seniors and their parent or guardian.
As a reminder, emails for Student Checkouts are NOT allowed unless it is a documented emergency. Checkouts may be done by guardians in person through our Attendance Office. If your student is a driver, you may send a parent note that it is ok for the student to check out at a certain time. You must include your name, phone number, and signature for this to be verified by our front office staff.
Raiders, don’t forget to follow us on our Shaw High School Facebook page.
Parents, we thank you for your continued support of reminding your students of the importance of abiding by the rules and regulations that govern our building. United, we can ensure Shaw is a school in which all are valued and inspired.
These are the announcements for this week. Have a wonderful week and remember at all times we must:
Be accountable; Be engaged; Be kind; Be a Raider!
Don’t forget to follow us on our Shaw High School Facebook page.
Important Student / Parent Links
Our Shaw Partners in Education
SHAW HIGH SCHOOL
7579 Raider Way Columbus, GA 31909 / Phone 706-569-3638 , Fax 706-569-3648
Student Webmaster: TBD