Yearbooks for Sale!
• Yearbooks are for sale for $65 for the 2019 school year.
UPPER CLASSMEN, THERE ARE LIMITED NUMBERS OF PAST YEARBOOKS!
• Calendar year 2017-2018 YEARBOOKS ARE $30
• Calendar year 2016-2017 YEARBOOKS ARE $15
THE OLD YEARBOOKS ARE SELLING FAST, GET THEM BEFORE THEY ARE GONE!!
Please contact/see Coach Tyson about any questions, comments, or concerns regarding yearbooks.
Attention Senior Parents!
Was your student selected? We had several senior students selected to participate in NAEP testing. If your student was selected, please be on the lookout for a letter that was mailed out to you.
In addition, here are some NAEP Links where you may find additional information.
Raider Academic Excellence!
We hope that you have enjoyed our first celebration! We would like to get your feedback! If you attended the celebration, please click on the link below to provide valuable feedback. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=UvjLaQNRIUWk_AyiCCAjchPYaj2kq5FMn03aVT87ZIZUQUc0ODVMUFVEUkw1R0NaOEtQMkIwTkQ5WC4u
Times to Remember
7:55 – opening bell
8:05 – second (warning) bell
8:10 – tardy bell
3:25 – school ends
Other important information:
Parking Permits are $10 (cash only)
Class Dues (cash only):
$25 for Freshmen and Sophomores (9th and 10th grade)
$60 for Juniors and Seniors (11th and 12th grade)
This Week At Shaw
Monday – January 14, 2019
- Club and winter sports will begin taking pictures at 8:30 AM
- We will kick off our first annual Heritage Week celebration with a questionnaire Please make sure the questionnaire is completed in the designated class period
- Raidermasters will meet in room 239 after school from 3:30 – 5:00
Tuesday – January 15, 2019
- Report Cards will be distributed to students. Parents, please make sure you monitor your child’s academic performance
- Our basketball teams will play Americus Sumter at Shaw. The games will begin at 6:00 PM.
- Students will participate in the Around the World Scavenger Hunt to celebrate day 2 of Heritage Week.
Wednesday – January 16, 2019
- Students will participate in Flag Day to celebrate Day 3 of Heritage Week
- The Fellowship of Christian Athletes will meet in room 226 at 7:30 AM
- The FBLA will meet after school in room 381
- The rifle team will compete against Hardaway at 4:00 PM
Thursday – January 17, 2019
- The students will participate in Dress Up Day to celebrate Day 4 of Heritage Week
- MCSD Dual Enrollment Informational Meeting will be held at Spencer High School’s auditorium at 6:00 PM
Friday – January 18, 2019
- Chick-fil-A Leadership Academy will meet in room 239 during 4th period
- Select students will participate in the Pass the Plate celebration during 4th period to end our first annual Heritage Week.
- Our basketball teams will play Doughtery County High in Albany. The games will begin at 6:00 PM.
- The wresting team will participate in the Smith Station Invitational in Smith Station.
- Shaw’s first annual Winter Formal will be held from 7-10 PM. Come out and join us.
Saturday – January 19, 2019
- We will have Saturday School from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Those who are required to attend this session have or will receive correspondence from the office of our Dean of Student Services
- The wrestling team will participate in the Smiths Station Invitational in Smiths Station, AL
- Our basketball teams will play Columbus High at Columbus. The games will begin at 2:30 PM
Be accountable; Be engaged; Be kind; Be a Raider!
Don’t forget to follow us on our Shaw High School Facebook page.
Important Student / Parent Links
Our Shaw Partners in Education
SHAW HIGH SCHOOL
7579 Raider Way Columbus, GA 31909 / Phone 706-569-3638 , Fax 706-569-3648
Student Webmaster: TBD