Welcome to Eddy Middle School
The Eddy Middle School community believes that school achievement is affected by high expectations, positive school climate, positive leadership, ongoing assessment, technology, and the active participation of the home/parents and community. Eddy Middle School believes that together We Inspire young minds to Change the world.
Eddy’s Mission & Vision
Mission: Eddy Middle School’s mission is to inspire and equip all students to achieve unlimited potential.
Vision: Eddy Middle School is a beacom of educational excellence where all are known, valued, and inspired.
History of Eddy Middle School
Eddy Junior High School was officially opened on March 20, 1961, under the name of South Combus Junior High School. On this date, 1,004 students entered into the 7th and 8th grades.
In April 1962, the Muscogee County School Board voted unanimously to change the school name to Manton Spague Eddy Junior High School. This was in honor of Lieutenant General Manton Sprague Eddy, who made his retirement home in Columbus, Georgia from 1953 until his death on April 11, 1962.
Dedication ceremonies were held on May 19, 1963, in the school auditorium. Lieutenant General Reuban Jenkins (Ret.) was the principal speaker for this momentous occassion. An oil portrait of General Eddy was presented to the school.
During the 1990-91 school year, the Muscogee County School Board voted that all junior high schools adopt the middle school concept. This transition resulted in the 6th grade being added, and Eddy Middle School was born.
Manton Eddy Middle School
We raise our voice to thee
May the hallowed walls be cherished
Where the blue and white are
floating for our loyalty.
Manton Eddy, alma mater
We’ll ever faithful be.