May 22nd- Last Day of School
COVID-19 update: District closing procedures
In accordance with the latest Executive Order issued by Governor Kemp this afternoon, the District has extended its emergency closure for all schools to remain closed for in-person instruction through the remainder of this school year.
Instruction Packet Pick-Up
- Out of an abundance of caution, based on the updated CDC safety guidelines provided to us Friday, we are postponing the packet pick up scheduled for Tuesday, April 7 and Wednesday, April 8.
- The updated CDC guidelines can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
- Additional details will be provided regarding a rescheduled timeframe.
- A District-wide notification will be sent to all parents today.
- This change only impacts the physical printed packets; virtual/online student learning will continue as outlined by the Student Learning Continuity Plan, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Completed work should remain at the student’s home until schools resume normal operating hours.
Alternate Meal Plan
- The District will resume its meal service schedule April 6, 2020, with meal packages including breakfast and lunch items.
- Meals will be available 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, at the locations listed below:
- Baker Middle School
- Carver High School
- J.D. Davis Elementary School
- Dawson Elementary School
- Double Churches Middle School
- Fox Elementary School
- Key Elementary School
- Spencer High School
Buses delivery sites:
- Kendrick High School (front of school area)