Dear St. Mary’s parents and students,
Please continue to practice the recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control to protect yourself and others against the spread of illness:
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter. We share in your concerns and encourage you to take the necessary measures to protect you and your family during this unprecedented level of pandemic affecting our community. It is imperative that we work together to prioritize the well-being of our students and staff, while continuing to uphold our primary purpose: student learning.