Technology Purchasing Information
Instructions for purchasing technology
Purchase of Apple iPads
Pre-Approval is Required:
The official 1:1 student device for The Muscogee County School District is the Chromebook. A Dell/Lenovo Windows device is the official device for employees. MCSD has dramatically reduced the number of Apple devices throughout all locations. Divisions/Departments/Schools are not permitted to purchase Apple-related products, regardless of funding source, unless the requested Apple product is a direct requirement for curriculum, a program, and/or a documented individualized direct student need (IEP related). Requests must be made in partnership with the Division of Information Services. All requests must be pre-approved by the Executive Director of the Technology Learning & Support Department. Pending approval, the Department of Technology Learning & Support will assist you in procuring Apple iPads for your school and/or program.
All Apple-related products must be purchased directly from Apple and not from a third-party retailer (Best Buy, Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc.). Purchasing directly from Apple allows education pricing and back-end support that is unavailable from other sellers.
NOTE: A work ticket must be submitted via Incident IQ detailing the request to initiate the pre-approval process.
The following must be purchased alongside the iPad itself:
- 3 year Apple Care Warranty (Approximately $49 per device)
- This extends the coverage from 1 standard year to 3, and allows for a replacement iPad to be purchased for $50 if a student/staffer breaks one.
- Jamf School Perpetual license (now a one-time purchase – Approximately $17.50 per device)
- Jamf is the Mobile Device Manager we use to keep your iPads up-to-date, secure, and easy to work with in large numbers.
- A Protective Case, the STM Dux case:
All orders must be shipped to the Bradley Technology Office Building. Our TLS department will ensure proper setup and then deliver the devices to your location.
NOTE: All device inventory management processes and procedures within Incident IQ must be followed. Please contact our Technology Systems Analyst for more information.
If you would like to request student apps that are not already available in the Self Service Portal app on the iPad, consult the following article: https://muscogee.incidentiq.com/requestor/kb/categories/5e8b91a8-4d47-e911-80f4-2818784a5fd8/articles/c57ecfee-9b91-4465-934b-20cdd3318302
If you would like to receive device training for your faculty, contact your school’s Learning Innovation Specialist or place a work order for the request. If the devices are for the Program for Exceptional Students (PES), contact the PES department head for training requests.
Questions: Please contact Vintrez Davis @ 706-507-0873 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtucom Purchases: Desktops, Laptops, Chromebooks, and Accessories
This is the quick quote site for Virtucom for computer accessories like batteries, monitors, mice, cables, and more.
Submit a work ticket at https://muscogee.incidentiq.com/requestor/dashboard to get the Username and Password for the virtucom quick quote site. The username and password will also be sent out to all school administrators and Media Specialists periodically.
Adobe Creative Cloud Purchase Information
Adobe Creative Cloud
The district uses a VIP number through our vendor to purchase the product. The purchase is made through August of each year. If you are purchasing for an entire school for more than 3 licenses you will contact Roger Jacobson to request a quote. Once you have requested a quote, the vendor will be contacted. Once the vendor responds to Mr. Jacobson with the quote it will be forwarded to the school who requested it. Once the purchase has been made the the following will determine what information needs to be sent to Roger Jacobson.
- If this is for instructional classes – the course/section number and teacher with a list of all student names with GTID numbers in an Excel file.
- If this is a small number of individuals – a list of email addresses to match the number of licenses purchased should be sent to Roger Jacobson to be added to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Under this new district license, each school location will be authorized 3 Adobe Creative Cloud licenses to be determined by the school principal. This will be requested to be added by work order/ticket by submitting the names / email addresses. (updated 5/24/2018)
Adobe CC programs do change over time:
Creative Cloud Apps currently include:
- Adobe Acrobat® DC Pro
- Adobe After Effects® CC
- Adobe Audition® CC
- Adobe Dreamweaver® CC
- Adobe Edge Animate
- Adobe Edge Code preview
- Adobe Edge Inspect
- Adobe Edge Reflow preview
- Adobe Edge Web Fonts
- Adobe Extension Manager
- ExtendScript Toolkit
- Adobe Fireworks® CS6
- Adobe Flash® Builder® 4.7 Premium Edition
- Adobe Illustrator® CC
- Adobe InDesign® CC
- Adobe Muse CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
- Adobe Prelude® CC
- Adobe Premiere® Pro CC
- Adobe Scout
- Adobe SpeedGrade® CC
SSI Audio / Video Solutions
Contact Austin Lawrence at 706-748-2048 or Lawrence.Bradley.A@muscogee.k12.ga.us
Printer Scan Cards
Ordering Additional Scan Cards for the Sharp Printer
Visit the website listed below to order additional Scan cards. Please note that the unit price decreases as your order quantity goes up, so plan accordingly.
You should not punch holes in these cards yourself, as you could damage the internal chip. If you have any special requests or questions, you may reach out to their team directly via email at email@example.com
Additionally, if the above product should be out of stock, please contact the Division of Information Services and we can provide you with alternatives that have been tested and approved.
If it asks you for any options in the checkout basket do not choose any.
Gutenberg Printer Copy / Print Allocations
- Only the school principal can request more color copies be allocated for their school.
- The request must come through a work order or call 748-2271.
- Due to district allocation you may not get all the copies that you request.
Ordering Additional Visitor Labels and/or Tardy Passes
Visitor Labels and Tardy Passes have been issued to all schools. Additional labels and passes will need to be ordered through Raptor.
Please visit the website listed below to order additional Visitor Labels and/or Tardy Passes.
Epson Pen Tips
Ordering Replacement Epson Pen Tips
If you have the Epson 595 model, these are the tips to purchase:
The 695 model pens have two types of tips, hard and soft.