Welcome to Kendrick High School’s Parent Page

My name is Angela Landon and I am very proud to serve as your Parent Liaison Coordinator. My compassion is to connect parents with resources to assist with their child’s educational journey.  The Parent Resource Room is located in Room 104.  My calendar will be attached.

Kendrick High School believes in the importance of parent engagement in an effort to stay committed to the school’s motto “Returning to Greatness”.

You can reach me at 706-565-2960 or by emailing me at landon.angela.s@muscogee.k12.ga.us.

Kendrick’s designated Edmodo account:  https://www.edmodo.com/home#/group?id=24683953

What is Title I?

“Title I” is a  federal program that provides funding to local school districts to improve the academic achievement of disadvantaged students. It is part of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act first passed in 1965. That Act is reauthorized by Congress from time to time, and often given a new name. It is currently known as the No Child Left Behind Act.

Section A of Title I provides grants to states to distribute directly to school districts. This is by far the largest source of federal money for local schools.

School districts do not have to apply for Title I funding as they would have to for a competitive grant. If a school district qualifies for Title I funding, it is entitled to the money. However, the district must submit to the state education agency a plan for how it will use the funds to improve academic achievement among disadvantaged students.

“Disadvantaged” students are those who come from low-income families, are in foster homes, or are neglected or delinquent, or who live in families receiving temporary assistance from state governments.

Resources for Parents

If you have questions or concerns about our Title I program, you may call our Title I Parent Contact, Ms. Spivey, at 706.565.2960 or you may email her directly at Spivey.Lisa.A@muscogee.k12.ga.us