IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS: COVID-19 SCHOOL CLOSURE-DISTANCE LEARNINGInformation as of 04.13.2020
The District will provide printed instruction packets, as previously planned, with additional protection, based on the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to ensure the safety of its parents, students, and staff.
- The District has designated packet pick-up at each school, April 15 and April 16, during the following time-frames: 7:00-9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- All individuals should remain in their vehicles and maintain a distance of six feet at all times. No building entry will be permitted.
- Items will be provided, without contact, by staff members wearing District-provided masks and gloves.
- Pick up will occur in the bus loop located at the back of the school. We will have a drive-through pick-up service.
- Write your child’s name and teacher’s name on a piece of paper and hold it up to your window for us to see.
- When you pull up to get a packet please open your trunk.
- You may help a neighbor out if they don’t have transportation and pick up a packet for a neighbor or family member.
- For walkers we will have a table and will ask you to follow the same procedures.
We appreciate your patience in this manner. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to Mrs. Woodall. We are here to serve you. Please stay safe and stay informed!
- The District has designated packet pick-up at each school, April 23 and April 24; April 30 and May 1; and May 7 and May 8, during the following time-frames: 7:00-9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Completed assignments should be placed in the marked bin(s).
- Bins will be located in the back bus loop.
- Make sure the full name of the child and teacher or grade level is on each packet.
Teachers will continue to deliver digital-based student learning, make contact with students and parents at least once per week, and observe office hours Monday-Friday, 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m.
The Student Learning Continuity plan and alternate meal services will continue to be delivered as outlined:
- Based on the latest guidelines provided by the USDA, parents no longer are required to bring their students with them to receive meals.
- Meals will be delivered without contact while maintaining a social distance in accordance with CDC guidelines, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, at the locations listed below:
- Baker Middle School
- Carver High School
- J.D. Davis Elementary School
- Dawson Elementary School
- Double Churches Middle School
- Fox Elementary School
- Key Elementary School
- Spencer High School
Bus delivery sites:
- Elizabeth Canty Apartments
- Chase Homes
- Eagle Trace Apartments
- Former 30th Avenue Preschool (151 30th Avenue)
- Jordan High School
- Kendrick High School (front of school area)
- Midland Academy
- Victory Mission (3200 Plateau Drive)
- Warren Williams Apartments
- Whisperwood Apartments
- Wilson Apartments
Contingency plans for end-of-year activity schedules, to include graduation, are under development. Details are forthcoming.
For more information related to the District’s COVID-19 plan, visit the District’s website.
TEACHER OF THE YEAR:
Mrs. Pashion Cooks
PARAPROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR:
Mrs. Latasha Wiley