Allen News Feed:
Please note the following details related to the District’s COVID-19 plan:
Columbus, GA – In accordance with the recent Executive Order declared by Governor Kemp this afternoon, the District is extending the emergency closure for all school and sites through April 24, 2020. The District plans to resume business and school operations Monday, April 27, 2020, as outlined in the Executive Order, contingent upon further direction from the Governor’s Office.
The Student Learning Continuity plan will continue as currently delivered, with provisions to ensure students receive additional items through printed and digital instruction packets:
- Teachers will continue to deliver instruction through the designated digital and print resources previously provided to students.
- In observance of Spring Break, there will be no instructional delivery Monday, March 30-Friday, April 3. Instruction will resume the week of April 6, 2020.
- Additional instruction packets will be available for pick-up, via drive-through delivery, at each school location, Tuesday, April 7 and Wednesday, April 8, 2020 during the following time-frames: 7:00-9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Alternate meal services for students will continue as planned through Friday, March 27. Services will resume April 6, 2020 with meal packages will including breakfast and lunch items.
Back to School Reminders:
* School Begins at 8:00 and Ends at 2:30.
* School Uniforms are to be worn each day (Khaki bottoms and Red, Yellow or White Top).
* Allen Spirit Shirts and Jeans may be worn on Fridays.
* Red Folders (Communication Folders) go home each Wednesday. Please check these folders each week.
Our PTO has been doing some great things at Allen to celebrate with and for your students. If you have not already joined PTO, please do so.
Please join the PTO! Membership is only $5.
Please collect Box Tops and send to school in a Ziploc bag with teacher’s name. The class with the most Box Tops at the end of the nine weeks earns a pizza party.