The Tradition of Excellence
Wynnton Academy was established in 1837, and the original building was built in 1843. That original building, standing in the center of the campus, is still in use today as a museum. Wynnton is in the national Historic Registry as the oldest building in continual use as a school in the State of Georgia and is possibly the second oldest in the nation still in use. There is evidence of our history everywhere in the building. You will find antique furniture, books, and pictures along with memorabilia such as brass bells, trophies, scrapbooks, and May Day costumes. The school is also home to a collection of original art work on display in the foyer and in the museum. The art represents the works of area artists, many of whom were alumni of Wynnton. The school became Wynnton Arts Academy in 2008 and continues today with a focus on arts integration to support student learning.This long history of commitment to excellence continues today on our historic campus.