Wendye Melzar – Elementary Teacher: I have a Bachelor’s in Middle Grades Education, from Ft. Valley State University.  My Masters is in Curriculum and Instruction from Lesley University.  I have been teaching for 19 years in both regular and Special Education.  My favorite things to do are Chicago Two Stepping, reading and crafting.

Vannicia Hooks-Jones – Middle School Teacher: I have earned my Bachelor’s of Science from Alabama A & M University.  I enjoy reading and playing games with children.

Beth Badger – Teacher: I love Math because you can solve problems different ways.  You can work problems frontwards and backwards.  When I understand math, it becomes easier.   The upcoming Solar eclipse is exciting.  I like to watch and measure stuff as we do experiments.  I like finding out how things work.  We’ll build things like electric circuits and models.  We’ll learn how sound and light are understood in our brain.  (We have amazing brains.)  We’ll observe the night sky and contemplate how vast it is, and find models of really large things in space that are hard to comprehend, and really small stuff our eyes cannot see.

John Furguson – Learning Assistant:  I served in the military for eleven years.  I love to travel. I’ve been married to my lovely wife for thirty three years.  I have three children and one grandchild.  My favorite subject is history.  I graduated from Columbus Technical College with a degree in Business Management.

Forrest Parker – Middle Teacher: Mr. Parker was born and raised in Columbus, Georgia. He was in special education classes all throughout his public school education. He is currently working on a Doctorate degree from Auburn University in educational Psychology. Mr. Parker is going into his seventh year as a teacher. He is also the Compliance Lead for the Woodall GNETS Program. He currently teaches your child in English, Language Arts and Social Studies. Mr. Parker is married and has two children ages 4 years and 1 year.

Carlos Brown – Middle Teacher: Mr. Brown was born and raised in Albany, Georgia. He attended public school in Albany, Georgia and upon graduating attended Georgia Southwestern State University. He currently holds a Bachelor of Science (Physical Education) Masters of Education (Psychology) and Educational Specialist (Curriculum Instruction). Mr. Brown is going into his third year as a teacher. He currently teaches your child in Math and Science. Mr. Brown also has 5 beautiful kids.

Taiwan Greene – Learning Assistant: Born and raised in Fort Valley, Georgia. I attended Peach county schools and graduated from the Peach County High School. I may be a familiar face to some as I worked with the Woodall GNETS Program last year. I look forward to a wonderful school year with each and every one here.

Diane Hill – Learning Assistant/ Crisis Management: Ms. Hill has worked for the Woodall Program for 22 years. She enjoys engaging with the students by assisting with their curriculum, and play time activities. She is also one of the bus monitors for the program. She is certified in Mindset Restraint, as well as, Youth Mental Health.

Doshia Watts – Learning Assistant/ Crisis Management: Ms. Watts has been on the Woodall Team for 23 1/2 years. She assists the teacher with classroom instructional activities with the student and is certified in Mindset Restraint, as well as Youth Mental Health Training. She enjoys working with the students and learning as she assists.

Kristi Coleman – Learning Assistant: I’m Kristi Coleman and a paraprofessional here at the Woodall Program.  I am a native of Columbus.  I have moved around a bit, though I’ve always stayed a southern girl, living in Alabama, Tennessee, and Florida before returning to Georgia.  I have my Associates Degree from St. John’s River, in Florida, and I’m currently a student at Columbus State University.  My goal is to be complete my bachelor’s degree in education and continue my career with the Muscogee County School District.  I wanted to be a teacher when I was a little girl and I’m finally pursuing my dream!  I live with my fiancé, Scott, and two dogs – Franklin, a mini red Dachshund and, Saban, a Boston Terrier.  Go Bama!

Varissa Parker – Learning Assistant: Ms. Parker is currently enrolled at Troy State University as an undergraduate in the Psychology Program.  She has always had a special place in her heart for kids and loves to make positive impacts on our youth.  She is a Columbus, Georgia native and plans on continuing her journey here at Woodall.

Mandrell Neely – Learning Assistant Mr. Neely, has been excellent at working with the children on their Math, I-Ready, and Social Studies. I’m from Salisbury, NC and 1992 graduate of North Rowan High.  I’m a veteran of the U S Army.  I have wanted to get into education for a while.  I want to help impact our youths in a positive way!!  I plan on furthering my education to help facilitate in this endeavor.