(706) 683-8841

St Marys 2016 Teacher of the Year

Mrs. Leslie Baldridge

I have been teaching at St. Marys since 2007. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. My husband, Aaron, and I were married in 2005. I am originally from Mississippi and he is originally from South Dakota. We have a spoiled Yorkie named Joey. Aaron pastors Calvary Free Will Baptist Church. He is also an online professor for Welch College in Nashville, TN.

Teaching is so rewarding when you actually “see” the light bulb come on for a child.  Lightbulb-moments for struggling students have major influences on children’s educational success.  Not one strategy is better or more preferred; the goal is for each child to be reached.  My mother instilled in me at a very young age that I was to never quit or give-up.  As a teacher, I try to plant that seed in all my children.  Everyone’s best is different, but I must always get their best.  My children know that I will help them as much as possible unless they quit or give-up.  They should make the daily choice to give me their best.  Knowing that each student’s best is different, I need evidence of student learning.  This cannot always occur by using test scores.  If a child can explain the topic and apply the topic to real-world situations, then this is evidence of student learning even if they do not perform well on tests.

Stinger Staff of the Month

Bumblebee

Each month, we like to recognize Stinger Staff members who goes above and beyond! This staff member can be from any part of the St. Marys staff and is chosen by Mrs. Hamilton for this honor.

September

December

March

October

January

April

November