Weather Notice Update
District schools and offices will be physically closed tomorrow, September 17, 2020. Instruction and business operations will continue virtually.
Please note the following details:
- Each student should report online for instruction at his/her regularly scheduled time.
- Each employee should report via telecommute, where feasible.
- Assignments are accessible through the Canvas portal.
- If you experience circumstances that cause student absence due to the weather patterns (e.g. power outages, flooding, etc.) please notify your school administrators and teachers.
- All athletic and after-school activities are also cancelled for tomorrow.
- Regular instruction, per the choice model, will resume at the scheduled times Friday, September 18, 2020. Please continue to monitor your emails and our website for updates.
- All official District announcements will come directly from the Office of Communications and/or our Superintendent.
This e-mail has been sent to you by MUSCOGEE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from MUSCOGEE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT, please click here to unsubscribe.
Please complete the 2020 Census. If everyone in our community is not counted we risk losing funding for our school. Visit 2020census.gov to respond today. More information about the 2020 census is located on our website.
“There is a lot at stake ― and little time to catch up. Last week, the U.S. House Oversight and Reform Committee released a report warning Georgia could lose nearly $75 million in annual federal healthcare, job training and education funding, if there is just a 1% undercount. Georgians can still submit their responses.” (AJC)
Click here to watch the video message from Governor Kemp and Superintendent Woods
Below is the link to the tickets for the Northside vs Spencer football game on Friday, September 18, 2020. Spencer is the visiting team.
Spencer Link: https://gofan.co/app/events/92922
There will be NO tickets sold at the stadium, all tickets are sold through the GoFan app. Please download the GoFan app and create an account. Once you have created the account, click on the link to purchase your tickets. This link is for players families to purchase tickets. The tickets will go live to the public on GoFan.co on Wednesday morning at 8:00 am.
Once purchased, DO NOT “VALIDATE” YOUR TICKET(S). The ticket takers at the stadium will ask you to “validate” the ticket in front of them. This will ensure people do not use the tickets twice.
No screenshots of tickets will be accepted. If you are buying multiple tickets, please try to ensure that all members of your party are present together at the ticket gate. If that is not possible, you should transfer a ticket to the members of your party that are not present. You can only transfer a ticket one time.
The ticket gate will open for entry at 6:30 pm. In order to help expedite your entry, please have your GoFan app already pulled up on your mobile device as you approach the ticket gate.
This is a new ticket procedure for the 2020 football season. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Due to the current virtual instruction model, we will not print/distribute hard copy progress reports District-wide. Each student’s first nine weeks progress report will be available through the Parent Portal September 9, 2020.
How to access progress reports (see the detailed guide HERE):
- Log into Parent Portal.
- If you have more than one student in your account, select a student using the drop-down list.
- Click the “Documents” link in the menu.
- Select “20-21” under the “School Year” drop-down list.
- Select “1st Progress Report.”
- IMPORTANT: Kindergarten students are still being assessed; progress will be provided with the report card at the end of the first nine weeks.
- If you experience difficulty accessing your student’s progress reports, contact your student’s assigned school for assistance.
- Board Presentation: Re-opening Plan Updates (August 10, 2020)
- Re-opening Plan (at-a-glance)
- Re-opening Plan (detailed)
- Online Registration
- Parent Tech Academy (technology support)
- Program for Exceptional Students Re-opening Plan
- School Nutrition
- Student Handbook and Code of Conduct
View the latest updates related to the District’s COVID-19 plans HERE