Students may drop off completed packets Thursday, April 23rd and Friday, April 24th from 7 – 9 AM, 11 AM – 1 PM or 5 – 7 PM. Students, you are responsible for placing the completed assignments in marked bins in front of the school. Students, it is very important that you write your name, teacher, and period on each packet that you are submitting.
Class of 2020, your live graduation is tentatively scheduled for July. Please pick up your Cap and Gowns on Wednesday, April 22nd from 12-2. If you have not completed payment for your Cap and Gown, please contact Jostens immediately to arrange payment. Their contact number can be found on the school’s website.
During the month of May, we have arranged to honor you with a virtual graduation. We need to ensure that we have a senior photo for every student. If you were not present for the senior photoshoot held at the school, please submit your senior photo in Canvas by this Wednesday, April 22nd. If you do not have a formal photo, we will be taking a quick headshot on Wednesday, April 22 during Cap and Gown pick up. These photos are for the virtual graduation as well as our website. Please don’t miss out.
If any student has received an academic, athletic, or local scholarship please email Dr. Sanchez. Dual Enrollment students, please check your email for updates, so that their courses will be paid by the state. Any student interested in Dual Enrollment for the summer, please email Dr. Sanchez.
The District has developed guidelines to address the posting of your student’s final grades, awarding of credit, promotion/retention decisions, and graduation.
Final course grading
- Parameters were developed with guidance provided by the Georgia Department of Education, in consideration of the unique and disparate learning opportunities available to students after March 12, 2020.
- All grading procedures will be applied to student work from March 12 through May 8, 2020.
- Each student’s final grades will be calculated as the average of the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd nine weeks’ final grades as of March 12, 2020.
- Each student’s final grades should not be lower than those received up until March 12, 2020.
- Students will continue to complete assignments through May 8, 2020; grades entered will only be used to improve each student’s final grade(s).
- Teachers will continue to instruct students and collect assignments through May 8, 2020.
- Schools will follow the normal grade reporting processes for finalizing the 4th nine weeks.
- All student grades will be entered by May 13, 2020.
- Final report cards will be mailed to home addresses prior to the completion of post-planning.
- Schools will provide additional instructional support opportunities, based upon each student’s overall academic progress, during the High School Summer Credit Recovery Program or K-8 Summer Learning Program for ELA/Reading and Mathematics.
- The schedule for additional instructional support opportunities is contingent upon further COVID-19 guidance issued by Governor Kemp’s Office, the Georgia Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Virtual graduation ceremonies for each high school have been scheduled for May 22, 2020 and will be available for public viewing through broadcast and digital platforms.
- The live ceremonies have been tentatively rescheduled to July 22-25, 2020, contingent upon further COVID-19 guidance issued by Governor Kemp’s Office, the Georgia Department of Public Health, and the CDC.
- Please do not secure travel arrangements or non-refundable plans related to the tentative live ceremony schedule until the event receives final approval from our state and national agencies.
- Details related to senior dues and other school-based purchases will be addressed by each high school.
For more information and updates related to the District’s COVID-19 plan, visit our website.
The Muscogee County School District