- Senior Parent Meetings
- Financial Aid 101
- Canvas Observer Account
- Student Attendance
- Summer Reading
- Attendance Recovery / Saturday School
- School Information
- Parent Portal
- CTAE Pathway Offerings
- Student Registration Information
- Individual Graduation Plan
- Resource Directory
- Transcript Request
Parents/ Guardians! Want to set up an Observer account in Canvas to follow your student?
Check out the directions here.
Please remember that students are only allowed 15 absences per course. ABSENCES DO NOT RESET PER SEMESTER OR QUARTER. Once a student reaches the 16th absence, excused or unexcused, he or she will lose credit for the course. Students must redeem their absences through Attendance Recovery within 30 days of accruing the absence for their Saturday School session to count. Students must sign up for Saturday School in the front office by Thursday afternoon of the week they plan to attend in order to reserve their spots.
** NEW 2017-2018 Absence Policy!**
When students are absent they should turn in an excuse for the absence to their 1st period teacher on the day they return to school. When a student turns in an excuse they will be given all assignments that were missed during their absence. Students will have 3 days to complete and submit any missing assignments to their instructor. Course work will not be provided to students that do not provide an acceptable excused absence note within 3 days of their return.
As in the past, all doctor’s notes will be considered an excused absence. However, only 2 parent notes will be accepted as excused absences per 9 weeks. Any additional parent notes will be considered as an unexcused absence.
Students may attend Attendance Recovery sessions (designated Saturdays throughout the school year) in order to regain attendance credit for excused absences only.
Also, please remember that absences due to college visitation will be exempted from the attendance record when the office is given proof of visitation.
1st/ 2nd tardies to class – warning
3rd, 4th, 5th tardies to class – central detention is assigned per tardy
6th or more tardies – In School Suspension (1 day)
- All tardies are counted except when a Doctor’s note is provided at the time of check in.
Additionally, parents, please remember that students are only allowed 15 absences per course. Once a student reaches the 16th absence, excused or unexcused, he or she will lose credit for the course. Students must redeem their absences through Attendance Recovery within 30 days of accruing the absence for their Saturday School session to count. Students must sign up for Saturday School in the front office by Thursday afternoon of the week they plan to attend in order to reserve their spots.
** Attendance Recovery is for EXCUSED absences only!**
Please remember to sign up in the main office before the Thursday afternoon of the week you choose to attend.
- January 27th
- February 24th
- March 17th
- April 7th
- April 21st
- May 5th
- May 19th
Northside High School
2002 American Way
Columbus, GA 31909
Guidance Fax: 706-748-2932
Visit the guidance office any school day from 8:00-3:30. Be sure to bring a picture ID – your child’s information is for you only.
- Verify the household information and sign the Census Verification Report. You can complete this while you are here if it is not on file. If you would like a copy of the form before you arrive, please have your child request it from the guidance office.
- Receive your Activation Code letter that includes detailed instructions for your first login. Now you can access important information about your child anywhere you have internet access!
Requesting a Transcript from Northside High School
- Please do not email requests for transcripts!
- Students can use their Naviance accounts to request transcripts for both in and out of state colleges.
- Students may request to have a transcript sent electronically to Georgia public colleges and some private colleges, NCAA, and NAIA using their GAFutures.org account.
- If a student needs a copy of their transcript they can ask Mrs. Moffett, our guidance clerk.