Bio Medical/Engineering Magnet

Introduction to Health Science
Ms. Weeks

Essentials of Biotechnology
Mrs. Diquattro

Applications of Biotechnology
Ms.Odom

Foundations of Engineering & Technology
Mr. Hightower

Engineering Concepts
Engineering Applications
Mr. Redmond

If you are interested in applying for the Biomedical Science/Engineering magnet program here at Northside please check back on this site between the first and mid part of October.  In addition, the application link will also be available on the MCSD website. The application process will be completely online and regardless of how many magnet schools your child is interested in applying for, they can all be done on one (1) application only.  I would encourage you to consider using a parent email address instead of the students email to begin the application process because the district will provide updates and you don’t want to miss any relevant information.  Once we have a date for our Open House that information will be posted as well.
Volunteer Hours

Download (PDF, 197KB)

“Attending Northside’s Engineering Magnet has greatly enriched my high school experience. It has taught me all aspects and branches in the career. Also, it’s academic rigor has definitely imprinted a sense of responsibility onto me. Most importantly, though, the magnet has supplemented my love for engineering and reassured me that it’s the career I want to pursue.”

~ Jorge Vargas, Class of 2016

“The Northside Magnet Program was the best part of my experience at Northside High School. Being in the magnet program taught me not only fundamental engineering skills that I can apply to my future aspirations, but also integral life skills such as organization or cooperativeness. The teachers are knowledgeable and always willing to help you learn more while still maintaining the calm atmosphere that is needed to increase learning.”
~ Kevin Woodrum, Class of 2016