Bio Medical/Engineering Magnet

Magnet SENIORS:

Please check your canvas inbox regarding volunteer hours.  If you still need to turn in hours you will have an email from me! May 1st is the deadline to turn in any remaining hours!

Introduction to Health Science
Ms. Weeks

Essentials of Biotechnology
Applications of Biotechnology
Ms.Odom

Foundations of Engineering & Technology
Mr. Hightower

Engineering Concepts
Engineering Applications
Mr. Redmond

Applications for the Northside High School Biomedical Science/Engineering program for the 2021-2022 school year are currently open to private school/home schooled students or any new students only who have moved into the district after January 31, 2021.

Students who are currently enrolled in a Muscogee County school are no longer eligible to apply.  The window was open from mid-October to mid-January.

The process is done through a paper application and required information (report cards, standardized test scores, etc.) must be emailed or faxed to the attention of Mrs. Fuller, magnet coordinator.

Fuller.Denise.M@muscogee.k12.ga.us or 706-748-2931 (fax)

Magnet Applicaation

Magnet Community Service Hours

In a normal school year, 25 hours of magnet community service are required. However, for the 20-21 school year, we are waiving those 25 hours.  Students, if you are in the magnet program for ALL 4 years, then as a senior you will need a minimum of 75 hours in order to meet your magnet requirement.  You can earn more than 25 hours per year and they can roll over for the following year.   You can earn hours by bringing in items to the food drive, book collections, or other types of drives going on this year in order to add to your total  Please check the Northside website and Instagram account for opportunities.  For those of you that have completed hours but have not turned them in, please get them to Mrs. Fuller as soon as possible.  If you have any questions or need to email documentation please do so at Fuller.Denise.M@muscogee.k12.ga.us.

Download (PDF, 197KB)

“Attending Northside’s Engineering Magnet has greatly enriched my high school experience. It has taught me all aspects and branches in the career. Also, it’s academic rigor has definitely imprinted a sense of responsibility onto me. Most importantly, though, the magnet has supplemented my love for engineering and reassured me that it’s the career I want to pursue.”

~ Jorge Vargas, Class of 2016

“The Northside Magnet Program was the best part of my experience at Northside High School. Being in the magnet program taught me not only fundamental engineering skills that I can apply to my future aspirations, but also integral life skills such as organization or cooperativeness. The teachers are knowledgeable and always willing to help you learn more while still maintaining the calm atmosphere that is needed to increase learning.”
~ Kevin Woodrum, Class of 2016