Welcome to J.D. Davis Elementary School’s Media Center!!

Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!  I am Mrs. Rupel your Media Specialist for this year!  I look forward to taking you around the world with books!  Our first stop will be the Good ‘Ole United States of America!  We will then travel over to Europe and see what it has to offer through literature and other media!  Hang on tight because it’s going to be a fun ride!!

J.D. Davis Student Literacy Toolbox Links

This document contains a list of links scholars and their parents can use to develop and enrich their reading skill set!

2017-2018

Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl

Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl Practice will be held on Monday’s after school from 2:30-3:15 starting October 9th! See Mrs. Edge to sign up or for details!

For more information about the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl, click here!

Children who READ become adults who LEAD!

Do you want to read a book that our library doesn’t have?

Click here to fill out a book suggestion form for Mrs. Edge!

How many books can I check out at once?

You may check out 1 book at a time if you are in Kindergarten and 1st grade, you may check out two at a time if you are in 2nd through 5th grade!

How long can I keep my books?

Every student at J.D. Davis may keep their books for a check out period of two weeks. If you haven’t finished your book in two weeks, you may renew it for an additional two weeks. Bring your book to the media center to renew it with Mrs. Edge.

What happens if I lose or damage a book?

Lost and damaged books can be taken care of in three ways:

1. You can purchase the same book at a local bookstore or Amazon to replace it.
  2. You can pay for the book
  3. You can purchase a book of equal value from one of our book fairs
Can I search for books at home?

Yes! Our online catalog, Destiny is available from anywhere! Click here to go to the search page!