J.D. Davis Elementary
Excellence without Exception!
On October 26, 2020, MCSD will launch the Daily Health Assessment symptoms tracking tool to help us continue efforts to prevent the spread of illness.
- This tool is optional for students, but we strongly encourage participation to help us mitigate exposure and risks.
- Each student/parent will receive a daily email notification, starting at 5:00 a.m., to complete the assessment prior to arrival to his/her school site.
- The District will use the email address currently in Infinite Campus with your student’s assigned school. Please check/update your email address to ensure you receive the Daily Health Assessment email notifications.
- If a student/parent does not receive the email notifications, he/she can use the QR code that will be provided below.
- View QR code instructions.
- Note: Some phones may require you to download a QR Code Scanner from your phone an app store.
- Parents with a student/students who may have tested positive or been exposed to someone who tested positive must report this to their principal and Tracy Fox, Director of Risk Management, or Jeannie Polhamus, Lead School Nurse via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missed the parent overview sessions? View each recorded session using the links below.
Safety expectations for in-person students:
- Wear face masks or coverings at all District sites.
- Stay home if you/your student(s) are displaying any signs or symptoms of illness.
- If your student tests positive for COVID-19, do not send him/her to school until the following criteria is met:
- At least 10 days have passed since the student first displayed symptoms AND
- The student has had no fever without fever-reducing medicines (e.g. Tylenol, Advil, etc.) for 48 hours AND
- The student is no longer displaying symptoms
- If someone in your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or your child is exposed to someone who has COVID-19, do not send him/her to school until 14 days after their last exposure to the person with COVID-19 (note: The CDC defines exposure as being within six feet for a total of 15 minutes or more with someone who has COVID-19).
- Observe District social distancing guidelines upon entry.
- Avoid direct contact with District staff and other guests.
- Wash or sanitize hands before entering the building, before meals, after bathroom breaks, after sneezing/coughing, and frequently throughout the instructional day.
- Avoid sharing personal items such as pens, pencils, devices, etc. to prevent cross-contamination.
Review information from the CDC for further guidance:
Mitigation of Covid-19
Team Davis is prepared to safely receive students on campus. The building has been properly cleaned and sanitized. We have several safeguards and protocols in place for students and adults.
- If your child is sick, please allow your child to remain at home. Inform the teacher and school principal. We are prepared to allow your child to receive virtual instruction and be counted present for the day.
- Anyone who enters the building (adults/children) must wear a mask.
- Anyone who enters the building (adults/children) will have a temperature scan.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or higher; anyone with common symptoms related to Covid-19; anyone who has been exposed to someone with Covid-19 will NOT be allowed to enter the building.
- 6 feet of social distancing markers have been placed throughout the building.
- Covid-19 Prevention signs have been placed throughout the building.
- Social distancing guidelines will be strictly enforced.
- A nose-shield has been placed in the front office.
- Sanitizer stations are placed throughout the building.
- All classrooms and common areas are equipped with hand sanitizer, Lysol, and wipes.
- All classrooms have a designated mask-down area so that scholars can take needed mask breaks.
- Desks are placed at least 3 feet apart.
- There will be NO sharing of materials.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be served in the classrooms.
- Movement throughout the building will be limited.
- Students will be given on-going and scheduled handwashing/sanitizing breaks.
- The custodial staff is on a schedule to continuously clean classrooms, restrooms, common areas, door handles, etc.
- Students who exhibit Covid-19 symptoms throughout the day will be escorted to the isolation room and the parent will be contacted to report to the school immediately. The student will be under the supervision of a Davis staff member. Documentation will be provided to the parent that outlines all the next steps and reentry to school. Please see the enclosed attachment.
- Adults who exhibit Covid-19 symptoms throughout the day will be immediately released to report home or to the doctor.
- In the event of a Covid-19 case, the custodial staff has all of the needed equipment to properly deep clean and sanitize the building.
- In the event of a Covid-19 case, the administration will immediately communicate the issue to the district and parents, as well as provide the next steps for any time needed off-campus by individuals, groups, classes, etc.
Thank you for being understanding about this very unusual school year. We are doing everything possible to keep your scholar(s) and your family safe and healthy.
If at any time you need assistance or have questions, do not hesitate to contact Principal Williams at 706-748-2638 or email@example.com