Parent’s of the Month
Parent of the Month Overview
As a way to thank our parents for being valuable stakeholders at our school and encourage other parents to become active, we recognize two parents each month as our Parents of the Month recipients.
How to Become the Next Parent of the Month
Below are some clarifications and guidelines for this selection process:
- How are parents nominated? Parents can be nominated by the administration, students, faculty, staff, and/or other parents.
- How will the Parents of the Month be selected? By a monthly drawing or nomination held on the 2nd Monday of each month.
- Why is this relevant? First to show appreciation to you for your commitment and dedication to Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy. Secondly, to encourage other parents to take an active role in their child’s school and education. Thirdly, to show your child and many other students the importance of having their parents involved in their school and education.
- Do I have to provide a picture? Yes, please email or bring a copy to the school. The picture can be emailed to the following individual: Jones.Billisses.R@muscogee.k12.ga.us within 3 days of notification.
- I don’t have a current picture; can I come to the school and take a picture? Absolutely! We will be happy to take your picture. We would also like your permission to post your picture on our website.
- Can I decline the nomination/selection of this honor? Yes, you can but it is our sincere hope and desire that you will not.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
Below is a list of opportunities for parental Involvement:
Fort Event Chaperons
Keep Columbus Beautiful
Local School Council
Parents are sponsors of Fort Family Night, the Book Fair and the Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
Parents support Fort’s Partner in Education during Japan Week
Fort Service Learning Magnet Academy
Take Your Family to School Week
Parent Teacher Liaison
It is with excitement that I undertake the role of Parent Teacher Liaison. I look forward to forming collaborative partnerships with both parents and community stakeholders as we work toward continuing to build a bridge of success for our students geared towards college and career opportunities. Please contact me at email@example.com or drop in and visit me while at the school.
Dr. Sarah Beecham
Important Information for the Parents
Parents Right To Know
Parent Involvement Policy
School Improvement Plan
Your Input is Wanted, Valued and Needed!
Please complete the Georgia Parent Survey at the link below.