Home of the Wildcats!
Dear Families: We know this school year has been extremely difficult for everyone. The Covid-19 Pandemic has certainly been a challenge, but we would like to thank all of our families for their resiliency and support as we work together to finish the year strong! As partners in your child’s education, your input is valued. Please take a few minutes to respond to this brief parent survey. This information will be used to help evaluate and strengthen Parent and Family Engagement within our schools. We appreciate your help and input. Thank you!
Please Click HERE for the survey.
What is Title 1?
Double Churches Middle School is identified as a Title I school as part of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Title I is a federal grant that was designed to ensure that all children receive a high quality education and reach grade level proficiency. Title I programs must be based on effective means of improving student achievement and include strategies to support parent and family engagement.
Parent and Family Engagement Opportunities
Title 1 Annual Parent Meeting
Learn about our Title I program including: Parent rights, Parent and Family Engagement Policy, School Improvement Plan, School-Parent Compact, and Parent and Family Engagement opportunities.
Meet your child’s teachers, join PTA, find opportunities on how to get involved, complete surveys, and give feedback on the Parent and Family Engagement Policy and School-Parent Compact.
Academic Parent Workshops
Provide parents with valuable information about academics and curriculum.
Smart Goals Workshops
Provide opportunities for parents to learn about the school’s SMART GOALS and how they can support the school from home.
Georgia Milestones Assessment Workshops
Receive an overview of the state testing which measures how well students learn the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards while gaining knowledge on improving test scores.
Provide activities and information for 5th graders going to middle school and 8th graders going to high school.
Parent and Family Engagement Activities
Participate in various Parent and Family Engagement opportunities. (ex: Grandparent’s Day, Muffins for Mom, Donuts for Dads, Parent Mentors, etc.)
Parent Resource Room/Area
Check out and/or receive materials from the Parent Resource Room.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
School Measures to Provide Required Assistance
- Ensure all information related to school and parent programs, meetings, and activities are published in both English and Spanish, posted on the school’s website, Connect-Ed, flyers, and posted on school’s marquee.
- Conduct staff development on parent involvement practices and effective strategies for staff to communicate and build partnerships with parents.
- Partner with Head Start, Pre-K programs, daycares to share information about parent engagement activities that will help prepare parents and their child for kindergarten.
- Share information in the school’s newsletter and on the website for parents to understand the schools’ academic standards and assessment as well as ways parents can monitor their child’s progress.
- Provide materials at conferences, workshops, and activities to help parents work with their child at home.
- Create and maintain a Parent Resource room/area to allow parents opportunities to check-out materials to assist them with helping their child at home.
- Survey parents to provide workshops and trainings that meet the needs of the parents and support parental involvement at the school.
- Collaborate with the community and Partners in Education to increase participation and awareness of the school parental involvement plan and activities.
- For all students who reside in residential facilities served by the Muscogee County School District, parental involvement correspondence and activities will be mailed to each facility where students reside.
Assistance to Parents
Title I Parent Liaison/Phone: 706-748-2678