Counselor's Corner

Greetings Tigers,

My name is Roby Murphy, and I am the new school counselor here at Dawson Elementary. I am excited to become a part of the tiger family for the 2020-2021 school year. I have been an educator for 9 years, and I have spent 3 of those years as a school counselor. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I expect this to be the most interesting to date. To share a little bit about myself, I am a native of Columbus, GA, and a product of the Muscogee County School District. I attended Wesley Height Elementary, Blackmon Road Middle School, East Columbus Magnet Academy, and I am a proud alumnus of George Washington Carver High School (c/o 05) Go, Tigers!!! For college, I am a two time alumnus of Troy University, where I received my Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice, and my Master’s Degree in School Counseling. I am a National Certified Counselor, as well. Although we’re starting off the year virtually, I’ll be providing the same services that you’re used to: Classroom Lessons, Individual Counseling, and Group Counseling. I look forward to meeting you all, and I look forward to growing together with you guys.