Doc Embedder is a plug-in that lets you embed multiple file types in a web page using the Google Docs Viewer (no Flash or Adobe browser plug-ins required).
Similar to services like Scribd, Doc Embedder will allow you to embed MS Office, PDF, PSD, TIFF, and multiple other file types directly into your page or post, not requiring the user to have Adobe Reader, PowerPoint, or other software installed to view the contents. Unlike Scribd, the files do not need to be uploaded to any service first – including Google Docs – but can exist anywhere accessible on your site or the internet.
Currently supported file types:
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX*)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX*)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS/XLSX*)
- TIFF Images (TIF, TIFF)
- Apple Pages (PAGES)
- Adobe Illustrator (AI)
- Adobe Photoshop (PSD)
- Autodesk AutoCad (DXF)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG**)
- PostScript (EPS/PS)
- OpenType/TrueType Fonts (OTF/TTF)
- XML Paper Specification (XPS)
- Archive Files (ZIP/RAR)
HOW TO USE
There are several different ways that you can embed documents. If you documents are not uploaded to your WordPress site then you can easily add a shortcode like below:
If you are uploading your document to the Media Gallery in your WordPress site then you can embed your documents by doing the following:
- Select the “Add Media” button which is located right above your editor.
- Select your document
- Far right of your screen ensure “Link to” is set to “Media File”
- Select the button “Insert into Page”
If you have any issues or need any additional help with this plugin please submit a ticket.