2020 – 2021 BRMS Eagles Basketball Team
2020 – 2021 BRMS Lady Eagles Basketball Team
There will be no Summer workouts due to COVID-19.
General Policies and Expectations
- All practices and games are required
- Players are responsible for letting the coach know ahead of time that a conflict will prevent them from attending a scheduled practice or game.
- Players provide leadership and are role models for BRMS and our community. They are responsible for promoting school spirit, enthusiasm, and sportsmanship. Players are expected to present a positive attitude at all times.
- A player that participates in inappropriate behavior (in or out of school) or presents a negative attitude during practices, games, or school may be benched for part or all of a game and may be removed from the team.
Selection of Players
- Tryouts will be held towards the end of the fall semester. Times and dates will be announced at a later date.
- Candidates will be evaluated through the selection process by the coaches. Decisions will be based upon the following:
- Demonstrate ability to run up and down the floor with speed, quickness, and agility of stopping and starting rapidly.
- Demonstrate passing skills.
- Demonstrate shooting skills.
- Demonstrate catching skills.
- Demonstrate dribbling skills.
- Demonstrate speed and agility skills.
- Demonstrate defensive skills.
- Demonstrate offensive skills.
- Demonstrate teamwork.
- 12 to 15 candidates will be selected.
- Players are responsible for their behavior both on the court and off the court.
- Players are expected to follow the rules as outlines in the BRMS Handbook.
- Players must maintain good rapport with the BRMS staff and faculty, both on and off the school grounds.
- The coach reserves the right to suspend a player or to release a player from the team.
- A player is a role model for the student body and fans. A positive attitude and good sportsmanship should be displayed at all times toward team members, other teams, coaches, teachers, students, and officials.
Responsibility and Commitment
- All practices and games are required.
- At the conclusion of a practice or game players should be picked up withing fifteen minutes/
- Practice schedule to be announced (TBA)
- Completed and signed copy of Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form
- Completed and signed Permission to Participate/Permission to Treat Form
- Copy of Insurance card
- Copy of end of the year Report Card
- Sixth graders, copy of discipline report
- All forms must be completed and turned in prior to try outs or the Summer Program.
- These forms can be found on the BRMS Website and on the MCSD website.
Summer Basketball Program