(706) 748-2436

GA Power-PowerEd Fellowship

We are very excited to be selected by GA Power to participate in their PowerEd Fellows program with The Ron Clark Academy!

In an effort to impact thousands of students across the state, Georgia Power continues to support education Georgia under the theme “PowerED – Energy to Power Education.” Under PowerED, Georgia Power places emphasis on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).

PowerED has two main objectives to help support the expansion of the STEM workforce pipeline.  The first is to engage students to move successfully into STEM careers by increasing their interest in STEM education.  Secondly, the program seeks to enhance teacher quality by providing educators with the resources, knowledge and skills necessary to motivate students to pursue careers in STEM professions.

Katie Culverson will represent the Mathematics Department and Hope Snead will represent the Science Department.  I will be in attendance as well.  We will be traveling to The Ron Clark Academy on October 13-14, 2016 and February 3, 2017.

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog!

As the Passionate Principal, I am so excited to be back home at Arnold!  I began my teaching career here in 2001 and taught Mathematics for 10 years until my promotion as Assistant Principal.  My husband, son, and step-daughter all attended school here.  We have alumni all over this great city including 3 inventors.

Our staff will be using the motto “High Standards! High Expectations! No Excuses! following the 3 “P’s”: Passion; Perseverance; Positive Attitude”

Be sure to follow me on Twitter @SDayPrincipal