How does my child apply for the magnet program?
All students interested in being in our magnet must complete an application online at https://apps.muscogee.k12.ga.us/Magnet/
What factors into my child getting into the magnet program?
Your child will be scored on the following items and all of them together will determine whether or not your child will be accepted into the magnet program for the following school year:
- Grade point average from last school year and 1st semester of this school year
- Performance on the math entrance exam
- Performance on the written expression entrance exam
- Most recent GMAS standardized test scores
- Behavior and attendance records
- Teacher recommendations via the online application
How and when will I know if my child has been accepted into the magnet program?
MCSD will send out confirmation emails of acceptance or denial after the end of the application process.The school does not send out the e-mails. This email comes directly from Muscogee County with one email containing the accept or deny for every school that your child has taken an assessment.
Note: Please keep watching for news from Muscogee County School District for dates and times that the application process opens and closes for the entire district.