The Aaron Cohn Citizenship Award recognizes one eighth grade student from Aaron Cohn Middle School who demonstrates the qualities of active participation in civic and community activities, good scholarship and school involvement.
The selected student will be recognized at the annual Aaron Cohn Middle School awards ceremony and will receive a check for $1,000 and a personal plaque presented by an Aaron Cohn family member. Additionally, the award recipient’s name will be inscribed on a permanent plaque located in the Aaron Cohn Middle School lobby.
A check for $1,000 will also be given in honor of the award recipient to the Principal’s Emergency Discretionary Fund at Aaron Cohn Middle School.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
Applicants must be eighth grade students currently enrolled at Aaron Cohn Middle School.
The following criteria will be considered when selecting the award recipient:
- Volunteer service to the community (service to health care facilities, senior groups, shelters, daycare centers, etc.)
- Involvement in citizenship or character-building organizations
- A good scholastic record
- Strong moral character
- Participation in student government programs and school activities
- Demonstration of school loyalty and spirit
- Leadership qualities that motivate others to action for the benefit of the community.
- Application due – Monday, April 13 at 3 p.m.
- Scholarship Announcement – Aaron Cohn Middle School Awards Night